View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2019, 07:07 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okapi View Post
@pomegranate
Streamcloud felt pain in her belly, it was horrible, she wanted to scream out in pain but bit her lip resisting her desire to scream in pain. She nodded slightly before laying down in the make-shift bed wincing in pain before giving a moan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pomegranate View Post

Ringpaw followed Shinefang solemnly. She didn’t feel very excited at the moment, just thinking of the task at hand made her shiver. Helping a queen give birth? Of all things? What if something went wrong? Ringpaw shook out her limbs one by one as she entered the den, wanting to rid her mind of that black, sticky feeling clinging to her brain. But no amount of shaking off would get rid of it. With a hesitant step, Ringpaw padded inside the nursery after her mentor.
Pausing, she took notice of the nearest queen, a quaking shecat. Maybe I’m not the only scared one.
Watching Shinefang greet her, Ringpaw lingered behind, hopping from one paw to the other. She tried to shoot a small smile, but it didn’t quite make it. Gulping, Ringpaw swallowed her fright and approached the groaning molly. Streamcloud seemed to be in immense pain, and Ringpaw felt extremely bad about it. “Should I go get some more moss, and maybe a stick?” She asked aloud to her mentor. “I had heard that it helps make her more comfortable, and the stick should help a bit if she wants to bite down on something. It might not work, I’m not sure if it’s true. But maybe it is? There are some nice soft sticks right outside of camp I could go and get.” She rambled on, her eyes blinking.
(One last thing, the admins have said that we should avoid anything too graphic and basically have a timelapse in here somewhere to when the delivery is over. I'll let you both know.)

Shinefang came closer, seeing that the shecat was not feeling able to speak through the pain. She had the dignity of a warrior still and no desire to show the degree of her pain. "Is this your first litter?" he asked her, his voice clear and calm.

His ears gave a twitch as he heard Ringpaw, farther away than he thought she would be. He glanced behind her and saw the fear in her eyes. He understood it better than she realized, but knew he couldn't let her stew in it. This was going to be a crucial part of her medicine cat duties, and although she had a strong urge to run, he knew she had to face that fear instead. "Why don't you come and ask her?" The old tom said simply, waving his tail to beckon her closer. "And while you're at it, come feel her belly. Is that ok with you, Steamcloud?" he asked the queen.