View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2019, 04:36 AM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: RiverClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipper View Post

Well… this was unusual. Cedarsprint was padding into camp from a patrol, and that alone wasn't the unusual bit but rather… the part about how he was engaging in clan activities, actually present around RiverClan. He wasn't off adventuring, exploring some new horizon, he wasn't even thinking about doing that much anymore when the days of feeling like a stranger among his clanmates were becoming less everyday. It was a strange paradox that he'd felt alienated and alone in his own home Clan, but it was gradually shifting, like a new take on something that'd been here all along.

He supposed some of that could be attributed to Fallenstar making RiverClan feel like the place he belonged once more, a genuine internal warmth that'd eluded him for moons but was rising like a steadily-growing flame, his passion for serving his clan reignited. Cedarsprint's loyalty may have wavered over the past several moons of his life, but now, he was feeling the dedication for RiverClan prevailing. Along with the sense of accomplishment, he wondered… maybe, if Fallenstar had noticed, or if it was 'another clanmate' to him. It was a point of intrigue since Fallenstar himself had been adamant about this and expressed his desire to have him around, but Cedarsprint wasn't sure if that extended beyond his authority, his sense of duty that forced him to care for his clanmates and ensure his clan was thriving above the others. And if that was the case, he really didn't blame him and figured Fallenstar had every right to be proud of that considering RiverClan was thriving these days — it seemed like the old times, when RiverClan wasn't being chased from their territory. It was the perfect promise of a smooth greenleaf and better moons to come, and he was glad he could be around for it instead of on a never-ending, wanderer's trail.

Shifting his attention to the camp, it was alive as ever and seemingly in good spirits, a vast difference from when he'd first returned and everybody was on edge. This felt more… normal, definitely like home — and that itch to leave? It was silent for once as Cedarsprint felt a smile touch his muzzle. Maybe things weren't perfect, but they were better than they had been in what felt like forever, and that was a rejuvenating feeling that he couldn't get enough of. And, upon spotting Fallenstar trekking into his den, a burst of joy exploded in his heart as it appeared he was experiencing the same delight. Not that Cedarsprint would pretend for a second that he truly grasped what his perception of this, it had to be a huge relief after everything he'd been through at the helm of leading them through the disasters.

As if on autopilot, his paws were carrying him closer to the mouth of the den until he determined it would be strange to walk away again without saying a word. It would be weird to look into the den, stare, then leave. Fallenstar would realize his scent was here anyway, so there was no use in trying to slip away. "Hey," he meowed in greeting, blurting it out before he'd even thought about what a private moment he could be interrupting. The amendment was brief and almost sheepish, but the faintest traces of a grin were still apparent on his expression. "Sorry if you were busy. It's a pretty nice day though, huh?" Maybe not to where Fallenstar would be emotional over it, but that was pretty much the best excuse he could think of. In a playful murmur, he added, "But then again… if it wasn't, I'm not sure you would've been out there in the camp showing off your pelt in the sunlight. Looks good on you, by the way." Cedarsprint couldn't deliver that without the smallest of chuckles, brushing his tail over Fallenstar's shoulder to demonstrate the jesting nature of the remark.

His ears swiveled as he heard the faint pattering of pawsteps approaching his den, with that he quickly rubbed his eyes. Once he realized who it was, he visibly relaxed, shoulders dropping, exhaling through his nose. He gave the warrior a flash of a smile as a hello, than began to lick his chest fur, making himself somewhat presentable. He didn't realize just how messy his fur was. It was sticking up in so many spots, bits of moss and twigs tangled up in the thick fur. "I wasn't...really I suppose." he said, pausing his cleaning as the brown tom continued.
It didn't register at first, what Cedarsprint had said. But after a moment he felt his pelt grow hot, ears folded back and a rather flabbergasted expression blossomed on his face. What was he supposed to say? Was he supposed to compliment back? He'd never been...complimented before. Of course maybe it wasn't a compliment, maybe he was just poking fun? It was Cedarsprint after all. After a minute or so of fumbling over his words, and hissing after biting his tongue in the confusion, "The sun looks much better on brown than black." he managed to fumble out. It was a poor attempt at a compliment. Throughout the whole ordeal the leaders tail had been thumping against the stone ground beneath him. Nervousness? Most likely. He wasn't used to ... this. Wasn't used to holding a conversation, not as long as he held one with the warrior. He wasn't used to sleeping right next to someone. Wasn't used to listening to a heartbeat as he fell asleep nightmare free for that night, actually getting a good nights rest.
Clearing his throat, Fallenstar rested his shoulder against the brown warrior's "I don't think I saw you in the swimming competition. Did you participate?" he asked. Of course it was hard to watch all the other's with Lionstorm's little hissy fit in the middle of it all. Thinking about it made the ebony tom roll his shoulders back n let out a long sigh, eyes closed and brows knit together. That was a long, long competition.

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us