View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2019, 01:47 PM
Candytree

My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calliecat View Post
Wrenfeather purred at Linnetpaw's question, and she sat down, curling her tail around her paws and watching as the far-off warriors stopped at the river. The gray tabby one crouched to look into the cool water, extending a paw to flip what looked like a fish into the air before catching it and throwing it to the black cat beside him.

"In a sense, we are together, since we all follow the same code and communicate readily," the tabby explained to the younger cat, flicking her ears. She was explaining why she couldn't see Tigerstripe or Creekheart whether she liked it or not, but Linnetpaw would have no idea how much the words leaving her mouth injured her, and so she described StarClan's commands as if she agreed - and she did, despite the pain prickling at her chest when she spoke, "But in another sense, we're not. There are five clans because that's the way StarClan willed it - they know what's best for us. If we all lived together, then we run the risk of overcrowding a certain amount of territory or being too easy to pick off by predators or twolegs. Think, if a tyrannical leader took over all the combined clans, then there wouldn't be three other clans to oppose him, but only inner resistance. Borders are here to reinforce the idea that we are separate from each other, to keep us from breaking the part of the code that tells us not to make close friends in other clans, because even that is dangerous. StarClan orders us not to cross borders. Do you understand, Linnetpaw?"

Wrenfeather turned to the apprentice, uncertain if she'd unloaded too much information on those curious, intelligent eyes blinking at her with such a youthful flair. If I have, then I can always re-explain it when he's a few moons older, she figured.
"Yes, I understand." Linnetpaw looked at Wrenfeather, StarClan ordered us. He looked down at his paws then he sighed as he looked at his paw, not much close to the border at least, even if he might cross the border in the future, No..I mustn't