View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2019, 08:08 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: Skyclan Dog Patrols

@|:| Tundra |:| and @Pluto

The inspiring words of the leader were pleasant enough, and Yarrowpounce found the smile of the brown tabby comforting, but it didn't ease the dull ache of his stomach as his fears were fully confirmed. They were actively seeking the dogs, not just patrolling about. They were seeking them out to fight them and drive them off. He didn't speak after Grousestar had spoken and instead glanced towards Onionshell who didn't seem bothered at all by the fact that they were marching head first into danger. They seemed ready and welcoming for the action. Yarrowpounce, not so much. But he couldn't say that, not in front of the others and especially not in front of his leader. So instead, he remained silent and kept his jaws slightly parted, paying strict attention to the scents. Thankfully hunting was one of his strong suites. "This one doesn't seem so stale.."
Seconds after he said that, Brindlenose pipped up that she had a pretty clear indication of where some dogs were currently headed now. 'She's got a good nose.' The thought surfaced in his mind, but his nerves were to wound to fully bring himself to say it.

Grousestar himself was silent as well, back to focusing on the scents of the forest, his paws slowing and then stopping as the patrol began to focus in on more recent scents before one of them, Brindlenose, finally queued in on the most recent bunch of scents.
"Lead the way then Brindlenose. Keep a tight formation and keep sound to a minimum. We will hopefully have the element of surprise and be able to devise a plan before the beasts even knew what hit them. You see one of your patrol members in trouble, you help them. Use the trees to your advantage and distractions will be useful to break up the trio. One dog is easier to handle than three at a time." Nodding his head, Grousestar would wait for the she-cat to lead the way along the scent trail.

---------------------

@Dust @.:Virgo:. @Delta @Aquilex @Nebby
{As Delta said, please keep a posting order. There are 6 members of this patrol and not everyone has had a chance to post yet. I ask that we pause until Dust is able to post for their character.}

After being told to quiet down, Barbedfall grew quite irritable and wore a very apparent look of anger on her face, though she did clamp her jaws shut as the patrol of 6 moved out from camp and into the forest. Occasionally her paws would through up a leaf or a stick as she batted them out of her way. 'Who do they think they are, telling me to be quiet? I have rights too you know! I can talk whenever I want! The nerve of some cats..
The she-cat's angry thoughts continued on, effectively blocking out whatever the others of the patrol were discussing, and also distracting her from the true intention of the patrol, which was to find dogs and drive them away. She wasn't even scenting for them at this point, much less listening to anyone. So when Regalstorm walked up to her to inform her of the smell of canine, it went in one ear and out the other, in fact, she didn't even turn her head to look at him. When they stopped to discuss the plan, she stopped as well, her gaze sweeping over them as she just started to tune in to what they were saying. "What are we trying to do, feed our enemies? That's a terrible idea! No, we are not giving prey to these dogs. That's a waste of food that we can use back at the clan, even if it is Greenleaf. I'm fine with the ambush idea, the stupid mutts can't climb and won't immediately notice us, but we need a cat that will get their attention and have them run beneath the trees. Any volunteers?" A little bit of the anger left her gaze as she looked in turn to all of the patrol members, eager to get the plan into motion. If there were no takers, she would be the distraction. She didn't care, Barbedfall wasn't scared of dogs, she liked the challenge.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?