Thread: June Gathering
View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2019, 01:16 PM
♡♡♡

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: June Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arie View Post

Breezefeather listened as well as he could. His attention span wasn't what it used to be and with Bunnypaw running off from the gathering of Windclan cats he was slightly worried. He had lost sight of her, but kept turning his head away from his conversation to see if he could spot her cream coloured fur. He knew he had been an absent parent but now... this nervousness was having him more on edge than the dog problem. Settling better, he still wanted to argue and pointed out, "How was I to know this was 'your way.' I was here. I sat here. No one else was here. You obviously didn't use your senses and therefore bumped into me." Stretching again he could see the elder warrior's apparent discomfort and when he mentioned his frustrations Breezefeather could do nothing to roll his eyes, although the other cat couldn't see him.

"Dog situation doesn't concern me much. We haven't seen any on our moor and hunting's been plentiful." Or so he thought. Breezefeather himself had yet to hunt again, his own strength still returning and returning way too slowly for the silver tom's own preference. If it was up to him he would be out hunting again, but the logical part of his brain knew that he would likely slip up and sprain something if he began hunting already. "More worried about a certain cream coloured apprentice. She's been running off again and I've lost sight of her." This was really what had the silver and black spotted tom on edge. The fact that he couldn't see the apprentice. "Clans? Its only you guys, Thunderclan and Skyclan who's had to deal with the dogs right? I don't really see a point in worrying about something that doesn't concern us. We've always been able to out run the dogs if they do come up on the moor anyway.

Doepaw snorted, the anxiety ridden apprentice slowly getting more and more confident around the other apprentice her age. Maybe that was what she needed? Someone her age to seem just as vulnerable as she did, or even more so. Doepaw didn't have any friends, unless you counted Doeflame, the grouchy warrior who she thought of more as a father or older brother. She did miss his comforting presence but he was right she had to decide to do something on her own, it was her life to live and she still had senses that worked, although not likely to make up for her sight. Yet she still had to push through her anxiety and she knew that challenge would be the hardest to date. Fighting for every spare moment not to be affected by some kind of fear of the unknown of her own mind, of anything truth be told.

At the comment about Willowpaw's own mentor Doepaw shrugged slightly. "My mentor didn't have any say. Doeflame, the one who I want to take over my mentoring when my mentor retires, said that if I didn't go I would never get the confidence to go. So here I am." At the question about her blindness Doepaw tipped her head curiously. Others weren't born blind? She had heard about it of course but it still intrigued her. The fact that others had to learn to live with it instead of just being born with it. She could 'see' otherwise she wouldn't be able to do all that she could, yet her anxiety hindered much of her progress and made it seem like she was absolutely useless. "I've always been blind. I have never ever seen light in my life. Even in my dreams everything is dark. I like it though, I can't imagine how it would be to like actually see. How is it?"
As Breezefeather continued to argue, Wolfeye saw the reason behind it and simply gave a nod. "Fair enough," he meowed. "And for that I am sorry." his pride hated to admit it, but he felt bad for bumping into this younger warrior. His brow furrowed slightly as the other tom's next words. "Oh? I see. You're quite lucky, then." he then smiled. "Ah, the young ones are always running around, aren't they?," he said softly, his voice full of affection. Wolfeye wished he was young again; he wished it every day. He enjoyed listening to young ones playing and running around the camp; it was his favourite way to pass his time. "My mate, Shortsoul, had died a long time ago... She was killed in the Dusk Syndicate battle. She had always wanted kits..." he shook his head. "But that's in the past. I miss her, yes, but I can't dwell on it. It's best to focus on the present.." he blindly glanced up as Breezefeather started to speak. "That certainly makes sense. I can see that." he smiled. "Do you have any dreams? Anything you want to accomplish one day? I had dreams as a kit, but when I got sick and became blind, most of them went right out the window."

Doepaw smiled brightly. "To see... Well, to see is... You get to see all the colours and shapes of the world. There are beautiful things, some things not so beautiful, sometimes there are things that'll hurt your eyes, like the sun. But the most beautiful thing that I'm glad I get to see is the stars at night... They twinkle and shine against a blanket of black, and it's always so stunning.... Then there is a field of flowers. All those colours, red, white, blue, pink, yellow, purple, orange... It's like a rainbow, but not in the sky.." she trailed off when she realized how much she was talking, and she giggled sheepishly. "Oh, I'm sorry," she said while nodding her head to the side. "I'm talking too much, aren't I?"

♡ character page wip ♡