Thread: June Gathering
View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2019, 02:50 PM
emergency hiatus

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: June Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by |+Tired Rose Child+| View Post
Wolfeye listened closely as the other tom spoke. So Breezefeather has experienced loss as well? This intrigued him, to say the least. He answered the other tom's question. "I became blind because I had glaucoma when I was a kit. But I've learned to live with it."

When Doepaw accidentally hit Willowpaw in the shoulder, the ShadowClan apprentice yelped in surprise, then dipped her head when she apologized. "It's quite alright," she mewed. She glanced up and a bright smile spread over her features. "Oh, that's completely understandable! I hate the dark denseness of my Clan. I wish I could run and just.. be free, you know?"

((Sorry it's so short, I'm exhausted and going to bed <3))

"So you've lived with it most of the time yes... Not as big as a challenge as going insane, I gotta admit." The silver tom was unsure on how to continue their conversation, he was slightly stunned and with that came back the doubts and the lingering insanity that had a grasp in his mind. Trying to turn his subject away from himself he sat up and stretched quickly before lying down again in a comfortable position. "How's being blind though. Eaglesoul, the only other blind cat that I know off, is struggling. He did just loose his eyesight recently but he seems to have a hard time just lifting his paws up and making sure he doesn't trip on anything." Actually spotting the dark brown tom he was talking about he stood and turned to the tom saying, "Just a minute. I won't return though."

Eaglesoul wasn't exactly sure what he was doing at the gathering yet again. He felt the pawsteps close to him and lifted his head and scented the heather scent of a clanmate. At the soft spoken words he nodded and then followed his clanmates stale scent towards where he knew a heather bush was. He felt another presence and scented Shadowclan and tipped his head curiously. "So I was told to get over here. You're supposed to be Wolfeye or did I get that completely wrong?" The young warrior was intrigued by this tom's presence. It was the presence of a senior warrior and the fact that here was a senior warrior who apparently seemed to function well despite his serious lack of sight.

Doepaw couldn't help but snort slightly. "You wanna run free? Go become a windclan cat then. I think I am good in Thunderclan but yeah, sometimes its just hard to accept that you can't become something else. On that topic actually, did you hear that Skyclan cats have to learn how to swim? I'm not exactly one for gossip but I couldn't help listening in on that one... Just imagine it those cats with only strong hindlegs trying to swim. Like I can't see it but if I could I would be laughing my ass off." It was true. She was excited for no reason and it was a weird feeling. She just felt so at ease with Willowpaw and she couldn't really find a reason. The only logical reason was again, that she was around Doe's own age and in a position where they both were avoided by the other apprentices and both seemed to be easy going. Or Doe was when she got over her anxiety anyway.

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee