View Single Post
Old July 23rd, 2019, 02:08 AM
emergency hiatus

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaEevee View Post
"That's so wonderful, Eaglesoul. With StarClan's blessing, you'll be back to top shape in no time!" She purred with delight at his progress. Brightpool didn't understand what this 'sight that isn't a sight' was, exactly, but she supposed it was something that helped her brother explore the territory they'd both grown so used to before the disease took hold. "I'd be glad to accompany you in your dawn walk," she agreed, though his next comment made the molly's ears flatten and her shoulders rose as she flashed an awkward, apologetic smile at her littermate. She hoped he wouldn't ask that question. "Oh, you know how it is... There's so much to do..." Brightpool answered half-heartedly, with a dismissive flicker of her tail that indicated she wanted nothing more than to drop the topic. "But I am truly sorry if you missed me, Eagle," she added, looking everywhere but his eyes.
Eaglesoul sighed heavily. His sister was obviously hiding something from him that was related to the disease that ran through Eagle's veins, that ran through both their veins. "You're always busy Brightpool. Always, and it seemed like you were avoiding me until just recently. I do wonder where your issue was or is it still there? I can feel that you're not looking into my eyes Bright. When you look into my eyes there is a lack of light because your head blocks out the sun." He then flicked his tail dismissively. He was getting annoyed and frustrated over small things but he might have to discuss this issue with Silentwhisper whenever she woke up, because it certainly had him agitated and he knew that she would be able to read that in his blue and usually blank and cloudy eyes. Shaking is fur again that feel down on his bony frame he felt the sun's light warm the darker marble patches of fur on his body and let out a slow purr. "I can see more than I ever used to. I am still adapting and although I would never have chosen to let my sight go if I had the choice, I have learned so much from this and it has given me another way of seeing the world. I do miss watching the sunset and seeing the colors of this world but now I can hear the rabbits in the burrows, the steps of cats chasing others or prey on the moor, or the wingbeats of an injured eagle. I can smell and define most if not all scents that cover the ground, if someone is sad or happy. I can pick up way more than I could when I could see."

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee