View Single Post
Old July 23rd, 2019, 04:34 PM
clearing away the dust

My Mood: Tired

Unhappy Re: RiverClan Apprentices' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deranged Llama View Post
[ open ]
Galepaw was drowning. The rushing brown water of the river threatened to carry away and sweep his downstream. Water clogged his nose and moth as he struggled to keep his head above water and his body afloat. The small gray feline's fur as waterlogged, and his blue coloured eyes flashed with desperation. Paws churning, Galepaw thrashed and clawed at the water, but his attempts were useless. A wave of water crashed over his head and covered him, dragging him along the current.
Galepaw jerked awake, his bedding strewn about him in a heap. The RiverClan apprentice was covered in a glean of sweat and his slate gray fur stuck up in odd places. He closed his eyes as a shudder rolled through him; the dream felt so vividly real, like his memory had resurfaced once again and come to haunt him in his dreams as well as his waking life. Galepaw sat up among his ruined nest and took a few shaky deep breaths, trying to calm himself and hoping desperately that he hadn't woken any of the other apprentices up.
Pigeonpaw had awoken with a start from the sounds of all the shuffling. She was irritated at first, but once she saw the fear in her denmate's eyes, her anger melted away into concern.
"Hey, Galepaw," She whispered, so as not to awaken anybody else. "Are you okay? Was it a bad dream?" Her ears were skewed and her tail twitched slowly as she attempted to reach out to him. She had only been in the apprentice's den for a day now, but she knew everyone's names from her time admiring them and romping around the clearing with them when she was a 'kit. Due to this, she didn't know Galepaw very well, but she couldn't just ignore him.

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!