View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2019, 07:30 PM
clearing away the dust

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: ShadowClan Medicine Cat's Den

@Cave

Owlfeather had been exhausted from patrolling and hunting, and she knew she was not alone. Ever since she and the other senior warriors had taken up the tasks of organizing patrols, she felt as if she always had to be doing something, and it had taken a toll on her. Every time she sat down to enjoy some fresh-kill, something in the back of her mind kept telling her to keep working. It was her way of dealing with all of the tragedies that had been striking the clan. If she always kept herself busy, she would never have time to worry.
But as it turns out, not giving yourself a break can be bad for you. The old mottled she-cat had been feeling fatigued and drowsy, and it had begun to affect her duties. She couldn't afford to rest. The apprentices had to be kept in check, the RiverClan border needed constant patrolling, and her fellow warriors needed help organizing everything. She had the thought that perhaps some strengthening herbs might do her some good, so that she could keep going. Maybe, she thought, the rest of the clan could use strengthening herbs as well, since everyone was suffering from the shortage of prey.

Moreover, what was actually driving her to visit the medicine cat's den, was her concern for Agaveheart. Asking for herbs would be a good excuse to visit with her. She knew the medicine cat had a lot on her shoulders, and must be twice as stressed. Owlfeather knew that having quiet company always helped her feel better herself, so she wanted to do the same. Picking up the best piece of prey she could find on the pile, a plump frog, she strode across the clearing and nosed her way into the den, taking in the sharp scent of herbs.

"Hello, Agaveheart," She began, allowing her eyes time to adjust to the change in lighting. She placed the prey carefully at her paws. "I brought you something. It's not much, but it's surely better than nothing," She spoke good-naturedly, her whiskers twitching slightly, attempting to sound reassuring.
"I wanted to speak with you. The fire seems to have scared off all the prey. Do you think perhaps some strengthening herbs, such as the ones cats use for long journeys, would help our situation? Some cats are beginning to feel weak from the lack of food." She didn't include herself in the phrase "some cats", although it was fairly apparent that the old tortoiseshell was exhausted too. Her eyes, although tired, portrayed warmth and sympathy.

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!