View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2019, 05:50 PM
clearing away the dust

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: ShadowClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave View Post

She hardly heard the younger she-cat approach, perhaps she was starting to lose her hearing, but maybe not since she heard her voice loud and clear. Agaveheart had been sorting herbs as usual and making her den more homely; though it was hard for her to call the moist, dark den much of a home. Her stomach growled with the prospect of food, she hadn't eaten all day, afraid there might not be enough for the young of the clan. A concerned expression came over her face at the idea of giving cats strengthing herbs, "Thanks for the prey, but I don't think we can afford to give everyone strengthing herbs. They can be hard to find and I'd like to spend my time finding herbs for sicknesses and injuries. I don't think I can give many cats these herbs, I'm sorry." She realized for a second that she had been wearing herself thin for over a moon now, perhaps she should think of an apprentice or someone to help her out, "No-no, we just can't afford to give cats traveling herbs when they aren't going long distances, I can't keep a large enough supply of them for even just the warriors of our clan." Her shoulders shook as she took a breath and stifled a cough, she made her way to a puddle in a dark corner of the den.
"I suppose that makes sense," the old she-cat replied, "I thought I'd ask, just in case." Her eyes glowed with concern when she witnessed just how much older Agaveheart seemed. She can't be that much older than me, she thought, but then again, the medicine cat had been through far worse bouts of stress and hardships. She was bound to have a few more gray strands on her muzzle. Owlfeather pushed the prey closer to her.
"I hope you're remembering to take care of yourself, too. We all share concerns about your well-being." She spoke with a stern but gentle tone. She knew the medicine cat was wise enough to care for herself, but her own motherly instinct prompted her to worry, and she couldn't help voicing her concerns.

"Prey may be scarce, but patrols have been coming and leaving with frequency; we seem to be functioning just fine, despite our rather unfortunate circumstances." She sat down gingerly, wrapping her mottled, feathery tail around her paws. She was attempting to quell any worries about the clan's strength, in hopes that it would help her feel less overwhelmed. "How are you managing, throughout all this?"

(It just occurred to me that in a separate rp, owl's patrol is being attacked by rogues. After a couple of replies here, I was thinking maybe owl could say goodbye and head out for that patrol, and then return later because her patrol was injured? I figured the injured cats would have to go to Agave anyways, so it might work well to incorporate that here too. What do you think?)

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!