View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2019, 08:44 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: September Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Amberpaw had gotten used to being sorry. There were so many things that could be taken the wrong way... too many, in her opinion, but it had never bothered her. There was nothing wrong with apologizing. "Oh." What else was she supposed to say? 'I'm sorry,' again? For what? What am I supposed to be sorry for? Biting back the words, she turned her gaze up to the sky instead. StarClan was supposed to be watching over them, guiding them, right? Especially tonight? Somehow, it didn't feel like they were there at all.

"Look, I don't know what happened, and if you don't want to talk about it, I don't need to know, but I-" She stopped herself, taking a deep, bracing breath before turning to look at him. She wasn't going to avoid this. Head on. Face it head on, Amberpaw. "I need to know you aren't going to cut me off, because you're really important to me, and if I said something dumb I am really sorry because I didn't mean to hurt you at all." If she could've thought of something else to say, she would have. She didn't want to lose a friend. What if I said something wrong again? She'd pushed it too far, hadn't she? Oh no. What did I do?
Fawnpaw followed her gaze to the stars, resting there for a couple moments before he peeked to her as if wordlessly asking what she'd been searching for up there. It would be easier if the stars had the answers written among them, but he'd never had such luck. Although he parted his muzzle, nothing came; there were a pawful of things he could be confessing to with varying degrees of seriousness, yet he was deterred by the possibility of her revolt or disappointing her with falling short of her expectations of being a good cat.

Fawnpaw was unprepared for the brutal vulnerability that she suddenly offered him, and he was visibly rattled by it. Partly because he couldn't see himself meaning that much to anybody, least of all Amberpaw. "Cut you off?" Fawnpaw echoed softly. "No, it's… not like that, I don't think— and you didn't hurt me, I just never thought about it before. Like, really thought about if I was good and it's… complicated." His crooked, quivering grin that illustrated no happiness begged her to let that lie momentarily. "But you're not the problem. I mean, ...it's you, Amberpaw. How could you have anything to do with it? You're really sweet, and kind, and there for me. You actually know what to say when others don't." Feeling as though he'd overshared and shying away from the rawness of that, he cleared his throat, shifting his line of sight away. "Ah, I guess that was kind of dumb to say. But yeah, I… I wouldn't do that to you."

everything about us is going to be wonderful