View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2019, 12:56 PM
Nightmare Fuel

Bump Policy: ▸ Constantly

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL. View Post

Foxpudge hadn't been expecting a visitor so soon, especially not one that would bring up.. that. Huh, it'd been a couple moons since his name was changed, and he'd been hoping to move past it. He didn't want to be Darkbelly anymore.

Suddenly losing interest in his food, he blinked at her. "You're.. Dawnstrike, correct? It's nice to meet you formally. Yeah, my parents weren't.. very good at naming. I think this one suits me a bit better." He almost cringed at the thought. The only good name that came out of them was Stonehawk, and part of that was a tribute to his murderous father. "You're always welcomed to join me. Are you hungry? The hare's not that cold, it was from the top of the pile."
Dawnstrike nodded and smiled sheepishly, realizing his uncomfortable reaction. “Heh...yeah, naming a kit can be pretty hard, but not everyone's a natural at it.”

Not really sure what to say next, she gazed awkwardly down at his food, nose twitching. When he offered her some, a bright smile flashed up at him. “Oh how kind of you! Do you know how hard it is to get decently fresh food if you’re not on the hunting patrols? It’s a shame that I’m a picky eater who hates hunting. My mother always pestered me about it.” She took a small (picky) bite of the rabbit, smiled at the slightly warm flavor, then swallowed instantly. “Don't get me wrong, I love my mother, but all she ever does when we hang out is compare me to all her friends and point out all my flaws. Parents are tough.” Dawnstrike took a bigger bite of the rabbit this time, actually chewing and savoring the taste. “Oh my stars this is good. Is rabbit your favorite food? Because it certainly is my favorite...when its warm, that is.”

Last edited by Doom; September 29th, 2019 at 12:58 PM.