Old October 19th, 2019, 07:33 PM
Lullaby for a princess

My Mood: Breezy
Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochi View Post
---
Rabbitpaw
"Well," she started, a little confused at his answer, though she pretty much understood it, "it's just that the clan seems to be split on StarClan's decision." Her eye flicked back and forth around the different bunches of cats in the clearing who were mumbling amongst themselves. "Icestar is a bit...abrasive, yeah, but she is an incredible warrior. Plus she helped me out with a rogue earlier. I'd probably be dead if she hadn't have jumped in." She found herself more in favor with StarClan's decision for leader the more she thought about it. It was mostly due to the fact she felt grateful for Icestar's help during the battle, which blinded her a bit to the she-cat's nastier side.

"Crowtail on the other paw..." she began, brows furrowing as a disgruntled frown spread across her features. She didn't even know the tom before the battle, and not because she hadn't socialized with all of her clanmates. "He's a rogue that literally just joined the clan." She was obviously miffed about this, lost in her emotions and thoughts as she went off in a ramble. "Why would StarClan choose a rogue to be deputy when there are so many amazing warriors already in the clan that would be perfect?" Her tail slapped against the dirt, causing a cloud of dust to poof into the air before settling down once more. Her mentor was an amazing warrior, and would have been a great deputy. Why a rogue? They were just under attack by rogues. "This doesn't make any sense..." She muttered, eye narrowing as the rush of hot annoyance faded into tired confusion.

"Icestar is who Starclan has chosen. Our vote, in my opinion doesn't matter. I care for my clan, but what happens, happens. It's mostly out of our control. Icestar is our leader an shall be treated and respected as so.The tom stopped twitching his ears. He licked his left front paw, when he pulled his head up his tongue was still out slightly. Foamstalk didn't seem to notice, and if he did he didn't seem to care. His wide eyes scanned the surroundings at the same time the she-cat looked up at the chattering groups of cats.

Chattering. Speaking, meowing, yowling hissing. Noise, it was all noise. Horrible wretched noise at times. His ears pulled back as he tried not to soak in words from other coversations. He felt heavy, as if his pelt was covered in water and his skin was inflated. Though he wasnt wet or inflated.

The tom shook his fur out, brushing that feeling aside. "Crowtail does have a rougher deal. He is a former rouge but I will speak no ill of him. I have no right having never met the tom personally." He lays down, tucking his paws under his body. "If he was chosen there must be a reason. Look around, we have nothing but ourselves and the last shreds of trust are barely hanging there. If Starclan trusts him what right have we to challenge that?"