View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2019, 10:50 PM
Nightmare Fuel

Bump Policy: ▸ Constantly

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno View Post

Every step Honeybrume took back, Goldenshade would match with a step forward. He leered down at her, his unblinking glare burning holes into her fur. His powerful voice rolled like thunder in his chest as he spoke. "Why do you keep telling yourself that? You know I'm right. This is precisely the reason none of your clanmates like you.. You're coarse and snobbish.. You place the blame on others instead of facing your flaws.." He closed the distance between their muzzles until his nose nearly rested upon hers, his breath hot against her cheeks. "But I can look past your outer shell.. And I see all the good that you bury inside. Why?"
"Now wait just a minute–" Honeybrume fretted, but she froze when Goldenshade grew closer, shivering when his cold nose touched her own. "I...um..." She didn't know what to say. All his words stung her like a hornet, swelling her throat with anxiety. She looked down at her paws to avoid his gaze, spiraling into a dark place in her mind. Was she really that bad? Part of her believed every word, even if most of it felt like a ruse. For the first time ever – Honeybrume felt disgusted with herself. She stayed staring at her paws, resisting the urge to puke.

But when Goldenshade ended on a lighter note about her, she looked up at him slowly, broken but still tense with irritation. "No, you're right. I'm all those things and worse, but my flaws are what make me who I am." She straightened herself once more, narrowing at him once more, struggling to show last of her strength. "I don't hide anything. These are my true colors, and if you don't like it, then leave me alone. She growled those last three words, hoping he'd view her differently if she displayed nothing but the side of her he obviously hated. I'm not giving in to your manipulative words, Goldenshade. Drink my venom, fox-heart.

Last edited by Doom; November 18th, 2019 at 11:08 PM.