View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2019, 11:52 PM
~Fae of the forest~

My Mood: Inspired
Default Re: RiverClan Training Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxneysuckle View Post
She let her tail wave high in the air, her eye bright with excitement, and decided to give a few tips as the mock battle continued. "You're doing great, Silverpaw! Don't rely on only your speed, keep your guard up all around you, even your blind spot! Everycat has one- you just need to know where it is and how to defend it!" Stoatdance purred loudly, observing Silverpaw closely. Her eye darted around the smaller she-cat, planning her next move. "Always try to disorient your opponent, if you confuse them, they won't know what to do next, leaving them vulnerable to attack!" Her ears perked before she jumped to the side, paying close attention to Silverpaw's movements.
Working on her defense will be my first duty. She leaped for the younger she-cat with a mock battle yowl, a large grin on her face. Oh, how she felt alive! She remembered being trained herself, and now she was passing on her own skills! You'll be a wonderful warrior by the end of your training, I'll be sure of it! Stoatdance thought. The brown molly twisted as she jumped towards Silverpaw, lashing out a paw towards her head. "Always protect the eyes, throat, and belly! Those are the key areas that somecat will go for whenever you are locked in battle. If you can't protect those areas, you'll be an easy target." She fell to the ground, rolling away from Silverpaw and quickly jumping to her paws.

Silverpaw purred at the praise, but tried to not let it distract her. Instead, she wanted to take the advice to heart. I am keeping my guard up, but how should I know which blind spot that will be targeted? It could be either way! She really just wanted to stick to offensive moves, if it was her decision. Confuse them? She watched her mentor jump to the side, and remembered that she'd been moving around all battle. I've always kept the mindset that attack is the best defence, but this might just work. Instead of waiting to see where the next attack would come, she rolled away as soon as she saw Stoatdance move towards her. The attack came a split second later, hitting only the air next to her. "Yes!" she rejoced.Dodging counts as defending, right? Either way, she listened to the advice. When she tried to leap forward, her mentor was already rolling away, too. If I always dogde, I won't be able to attack.

Although, since Stoatdance had rolled away too, they were on even grounds now. After a recovering breath, Silverpaw hurled herself forward, then went to her mentor's right. She tried to stretch out a paw and run it across her side, simulating claws.

Please click my eggs!