View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2019, 11:28 AM
the tale of six.

Bump Policy: do not bump.
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: RiverClan Training Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyapan View Post
Silverpaw purred at the praise, but tried to not let it distract her. Instead, she wanted to take the advice to heart. I am keeping my guard up, but how should I know which blind spot that will be targeted? It could be either way! She really just wanted to stick to offensive moves, if it was her decision. Confuse them? She watched her mentor jump to the side, and remembered that she'd been moving around all battle. I've always kept the mindset that attack is the best defence, but this might just work. Instead of waiting to see where the next attack would come, she rolled away as soon as she saw Stoatdance move towards her. The attack came a split second later, hitting only the air next to her. "Yes!" she rejoiced.Dodging counts as defending, right? Either way, she listened to the advice. When she tried to leap forward, her mentor was already rolling away, too. If I always dodge, I won't be able to attack.

Although, since Stoatdance had rolled away too, they were on even grounds now. After a recovering breath, Silverpaw hurled herself forward, then went to her mentor's right. She tried to stretch out a paw and run it across her side, simulating claws.
Stoatdance felt pride well up in her chest as Silverpaw heeded her advice. A quick learner, she noted. Her toes flexed, brain quickly formulating an attack, but before she could take action, her apprentice's paw was already sliding across her side. She stopped, then decided to put a little fun into the training.
She dramatically rolled to the ground, splaying out as though she had been knocked over. "Oh, dear StarClan, you've hit me, you've hit me!" Stoatdance cried, laughter apparent in her voice, "I see the stars around me! Oh, how the life is draining from my body! StarClan is engulfing me! You've killed me! You've killed me!" She looked at Silverpaw with amusement in her eye, hoping the younger she-cat found her joke funny. Her ears flicked and she smiled, rolling on her side and looking at Silverpaw. "You've done wonderfully today. That'll be all for the battle. Would you like to hunt before we go back to camp?" Her head tilted to the side in question, paws kneading the ground comfortably.

the tale of six
has come to an end.

ameko ♥