View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2020, 09:32 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: Dream Sweet in Sea Major [private]

Fawnsqueak pawed at the greenery, conflicted by its lush state in the middle of leaf-bare and how real everything felt, like he was actually in this unfamiliar alcove. Confusion aside, it was an exciting prospect to have self-awareness while unconscious as he pondered the possibility of exploring further, finding out precisely how far this stretched. Leaning down, he sniffed at a peculiar flower and drew a deep inhale, sneezing after a second of his nose wiggling in anticipation.

He wasn't expecting a sudden voice, much less one speaking his name. He jolted, and in surprise, nearly lost his balance into the undergrowth. Picking himself up with a couple licks to his chest, he searched the clearing for the source and froze upon seeing it was Frostflight. But he forced his hackles to lie flat after a second of consideration, noting this was a dream. It was a dream, and therefore wasn't real, had no effect on reality. It was something his unconscious mind had generated. "Frostfl- fall? Flight? Uh, sorry.. I'm new at this." He hadn't even realized he could talk in the dream, that alone was different than his usual sleepy cognitions. Fawnsqueak's breath hitched as he neared him, and he stood rigid, tensed. "Y-yeah? Kind of. When I saw you again, I thought you'd be... I don't know, more-- abnormal? Wait, am I you?" This was a dream, and it was technically his mind in control. Perplexing...

"..Sure." Thickly swallowing, he approached the catch and sniffed it, then blinked at the smell. "Wow, it's like an actual fish." His marveling was cut short with an embarrassed cough before he remembered he didn't need to be embarrassed. Dream-Frostflight wasn't going to judge him. Probably. Noticing the stream close by, he asked, "Did... you catch this? Or was it here?.. Do you even have to catch food in a dream or can I just, think it up?"

@Dust

everything about us is going to be wonderful