Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2020, 06:32 PM
chase your dreams, fool.

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: The Starcave

@wren @SilentLamb @CheetahPeltprint

Irisflame smiled in Flirty and Laddie's direction. They seemed awestruck by the rock. She felt her heart flutter in embarrassment. She must have looked the same way when she had first been here. That was so long ago... She remembered her squeaky excitement as a kit, and the price that filled her small belly as she gazed up at Tallmarsh. Oh, Tallmarsh. Where are you now? She mewed silently to her old mentor, eyes curved in nostalgia. She was snapped from her thoughts at the warning new of Coyotesnarl. She offered him a small smirk, shaking her head.

"Not everyone will have the same experience. It's their first time, let them enjoy it without hearing about the scary omens and things." She mewed, a touch of amusement in her mew. He still reminded her of Thunderhowl. The tone, the grump, even the loss of hope in Starclan. Smiling gently to herself, she began to unload her herbs. After all, they hadn't covered sicknesses yet, right? She hoped not. They'd covered tansy, borage, catmint, coltsfoot, feverfew...anything else? No.

Laying out some herbs, she recognized the ones that she had used later on. Chervil, comfrey root, juniper berries, chickweed. She'd squeezed these from the medicine den earlier on. She hadn't really known what they did at first, but she heard Thunderhowl talk, and she may or may not have self-experimented.
"Okay everyone! This'll be short, thanks to Mister Moon, but there are a few more herbs I learnt to help with sicknesses."

She waited for them to gather round, then she'd the herbs nervously. Away we go!
"Chervil! This thing you chew and so that you can stop bellyaches. But spit out the leaf afterwards, only the juice does something, apparently." She mewed, holding up a green, leafy stalk. She experimented with this after she'd swallowed the comfrey together was up next. She'd done intense experimenting.
"Comfrey root is this flowery root thing. Tastes interesting. You rub it into wounds or joints to soothe them. Trust me, it works." Her foot had felt much better after rubbing some of it on.
"Juniper berries! You can also eat them for belly aches. They can help with fevers too. But if you're not sick, they are a good traveling herb."
Let's just say she'd squeezed information out of cats for this one.
"And chickweed. This thing helps with greencough, but not super well." She finished, holding up the tall-stemmed plant.

And the moon was rising, which meant it was almost time. The stone began to glow softly, growing more intense as the moon aligned with it. The bluish light stretched across the cave, illuminating it.

❝shine bright, little star.❞

i've shut down all rps, but i'll be semi-online for vms and pms.
hit me up on discord if you'd like to chat over dms (:

sitesignature pic • profile pic from alice oseman's heartstopper <3

Last edited by Moon Lily; April 14th, 2020 at 06:32 PM.