View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2020, 07:43 PM
all that i’ll ever need

Default Re: || The Ice Storm ||

[ @Slushie ]
Cormorantpaw shook his head, “I don’t need to bother Lionwhisker, I’m sure I’m fine.” He couldn’t help feeling surprised that he wasn’t in any trouble when he’d clearly disobeyed Buckbranch’s orders. He blinked curiously at Buckbranch. The mention of Duskstar’s actions twisted his stomach but his brain sprang to protect him by cutting that section of speech out of his mind. He merely responded to Buckbranch’s assertion that he wasn’t in trouble, “not to bite myself in the foot... but you really aren’t mad at me?” He shuffled his paws and hung his head, “you seemed mad earlier.”
It appeared that Cormorantpaw’s shock had begun to wear off just in time, for Duskstar soon announced that they were expecting a raid from Shadowclan. His eyes flew open wide and he looked at Buckbranch with surprise and uncertainty. The tom had no idea what to do- he was an apprentice technically so should he fight? He’d only been made an apprentice that day, he had no battle training! Great Starclan, so far his first day as an apprentice made Cormorantpaw want to crawl back into the nursery. The young tom still felt sick and was still just starting to repress his memories of what had happened only a bit earlier that day. He hadn’t even cleaned Breezekit’s blood off of his paw yet. Cormorantpaw had to shake it all out of his head for a moment, though, to ask Buckbranch what he should do in regards to the coming battle. He never got the chance to ask, though, because Shadowclan began streaming into the camp at that moment. Cormorantpaw leapt to his paws and unsheathes his claws with his fur bristling, looking from cat to cat and waiting for a Shadowclan cat to attack him. He wasn’t sure enough of himself and his total lack of training to seek anyone out.
[ OPEN ]

Last edited by dionysus; April 14th, 2020 at 07:53 PM.