Thread: May Gathering
View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2020, 05:03 AM
clearing away the dust

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: May Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL. View Post
In the midst of RiverClan was Thistlestep, hanging toward the edge of the crowd with no real interest in joining in. He was never a huge fan of gatherings to begin with, not after the one from a few moons back..

But a familiar gray pelt caught the corner of his eye, and mildly entertained by the thought of giving the she-cat some grief over their last meeting, he parted from RiverClan's crowd to join her.

"Spitfire, was it?" Thistlestep took a seat beside her, not planning on following her if she decided this was the brunt of their discussion. He didn't want to harass her that much. "How's your injuries holding up? I know being stuck around camp can't be that much fun." She'd been wounded when she attacked him in the raid. He figured she'd be a more formidable foe at full health.

[ @Casper ]
Hailstorm had padded into the crowd amongst her clanmates, keeping to the outskirts. She hated gatherings, and she hated these crowds. She noticed pretty quickly that RiverClan was the only other clan here at the moment, and she had to force her fur to lie flat. The wounds she had received from the raid were still fresh, and with a quick sniff of the air, it was clear that the rival clan was in similar shape. Things were bound to be tense tonight. All the more reason to stick to the sidelines.

Her anxious blue eyes flicked from cat to cat, her gaze never lingering on one individual for too long. Just listen to the announcements, keep quiet, and then it's over, she thought to herself. Let's just get this over with.

She noticeably flinched when she heard a voice speaking to her, too close for comfort. Somebody seeking her out at a gathering? Unheard of. Her attention directed to the older warrior, keeping her guard up, even though logically she knew he wouldn't dare try anything under the truce of the full moon.
"It's Hailstorm," she corrected him, quiet but defiant. "And I'm healing just fine. We have a very capable medicine cat." She wasn't sure what tone of voice was appropriate, so she tried to keep it neutral.
"And yourself?"

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!