View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2020, 07:36 AM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: attached to the stars [ private ]

Aconiteheart. "..Acon..ite," Fawnsqueak repeated slowly, deliberation in his meow. He'd never heard of that name. "What is.. an aconite?" It was a bit like an.. acorn-night but that didn't fit. While his mind kept up with Aconiteheart's extreme pace, his physical being was slower in an expression of contemplation, a lackadaisical pace as he considered the variables of the name. It was unknown to him, unknown to history, absent from all the elder stories he'd heard. Nothing about an Aconite, but what he said after cast the tiniest rays of light on it. His origins being of SkyClan pieced part of the mystery together.

Tuning back into the stream of consciousness, he was puzzled to hear him rattling on about reincarnation which happened to be another subject that he yearned to know more about, assuming it was actually.. a real outcome of death? He was still unclear on those too. "..Is that what it's like?" he mused to himself, quiet and fretful. Reincarnation relinquished control over one's past self and that was.. frightening, if Aconiteheart was correct about it. "But that's like... starting over," came the mumble, lost in his thoughts. "Starting over with no guarantee that you'll even.. know anything about yourself." Was it really you, then? There was nothing truly differentiating a cat who knew nothing about a past life versus a cat who'd never had one.

Tensing up briefly, Fawnsqueak relaxed again when Aconiteheart's attention span of a squirrel caused him to move on from the pad-comparison that he didn't wish to partake in. He didn't... his pads weren't soft! They were.. they were manly! Rugged!

He watched the scenery shift into a mountainous region he didn't recognize, naturally. "Grousestar lived here? And the rest of them?" It was nothing like Lionsrange. Lionsrange was like... ripoff SkyClan for weenies compared to the new landscape. Treacherous, but the geography was stunning. "Wow, it's like.. where the sun goes," Fawnsqueak said in awe, leaning forward in his momentary lapse of forgetting reality had been left behind. Peering for Aconiteheart, he scrambled to catch up while soaking in every detail of their surroundings. He was so distracted that he collided with Aconiteheart's side and let out a 'ommph' as he stumbled back to see what he was looking at.

"Uh, kind of. Maybe.. it's a temporary thing, it's not-- I'm not really a medicine cat," he fumbled his way through the half-explanation that didn't even cover that much in his hesitation in tossing himself under that label. A protest on the tip of his tongue faded after a small, "I'm not..." because he didn't know how to say it. In exasperation, he laughed a breathless, bitter puff of air and asked, "Can't you just-- read my mind or something?" Faster than going through the complexities of that.. whole mess.

Eager to move on, he questioned, "Raspberry leaves? .. I don't know anything about them, other than.. being a leaf, I guess. And belonging to a raspberry plant. Is that even in the territories?" Fawnsqueak was trying to think back to the clans' current stretch of land but couldn't place what he was looking for, so that was a dead end.

@BILL.

everything about us is going to be wonderful

Last edited by Fawn; June 30th, 2020 at 07:38 AM.