View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2020, 06:31 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: July Gathering

[ @Beau ]

----Goosefury----

He had to look away at the expression she gave him. Her eyes were wide, and that was all that he saw. Wide with shock, most likely. Anger? Disgust? No, not disgust, or so he thought because she was using her tail to make him look her in the face, and no cat who was disgusted with him could bring themselves to do that.
As her words entered his ears, he felt himself draw himself up. Was that even possible? To feel defeated one minute and then absolutely triumphant the next? Because Rainydawn was right. Of course she was right, she was always right. He WAS a better cat than Sparrowsnap was because he had never blinded anyone. He figured that was telling enough. His ears burned at the praise she offered him, though - he couldn't see himself in that kind of light. He wasn't kind, or courageous, or loyal. Hell, his first instinct was to snap at everyone, and to run from his problems, and he'd sooner leave his own apprentice to ShadowClan than try to teach him!
Then she went on to talk about moving on. His brows furrowed, and he looked away. How could he just move on from this? Sparrowsnap had ruined him, and he was meant to just forget about her? His tail flipped from side to side, and then he rose to his paws. "Thank you," he murmured, voice hitching even as he tried to keep it stable. "I'll try my best."
He glanced over at Lionstar, where the Clan leader was gathering up RiverClan and heading home. "We should probably get going. There's no reason to stay here any longer." And on that final note, he turned and padded off, in the direction of the departing RiverClan cats.