View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2020, 11:23 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipper View Post

"Yeah," Fawnsqueak stressed because that much was evident, "but like, why?" The medicine cat's den wasn't the most cozy place, but it wasn't worth the frantic escape attempt she'd put on and miserably failed at. Although about to say she could've asked if she needed anything, the shaky reasoning finally emerged, and he grimaced. "Okay, uh... so, I don't know. Maybe Cattail Pond, or something? I don't think there's much going on, to be honest." Last he'd checked, ThunderClan was living it up in their territory doing very little for themselves. Initially, he'd thought it was a result of traumatic exhaustion but as it turned out, that was just sort of who they were. "But I'm guessing they're fine?" A shrug, perhaps less comforting than she would've liked but Fawnsqueak didn't understand the rush to return to them.

Relieved that her injuries weren't worsened by burns, he momentarily disappeared to redip the moss ball for water and leave it in front of her invitingly. As for her burns, his jaw tightened, he cleared his throat. "They'll heal, I think. Probably. But if you can't even get up, you definitely aren't ready to sit around at Cattail Pond with the rest of your clanmates."
Cloudedspark was beginning to get stressed out. Her breathing quickened and be came more frantic, irritating her already smoky lungs. "Do—" her question was cut off by a bout of coughing. Each cough made her shake, and she could feel her strength leaving her. It was an awful feeling, hopelessness and helplessness. And the cat brought a wet moss ball. StarClan, that looked so good. She carefully made her way down, realizing how dry her mouth was. Eagerly lapping at the moss ball made the coughs she was still stifling less angry and eventually go away entirely.

After a a few long moments, she cleared her throat and tried again. "Do they know where I am...?" she asked slowly, finding that her voice wasn’t as raspy and smoky. Already it was easier to talk and breathe. She’s be out of here in no time — right? Oh, she hoped.

@Dipper

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]