View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2020, 06:57 AM
chase your dreams, fool.

My Mood: Tired

Red face Re: August Gathering

[ @elysian @Rainquail @NIGHTOWL @implimm ]

Irisflame swing her head around to face the approaching Windclanners, supposing that the medicine cats were the pair that were heading towards them. They looked relatively bubbly, something that she could not be bothered to deal with right now. She should have faked whitecough or something nasty like that. Then she might have been able to escape from the writhing mob of overexcited cats who didn't care about what had happened. Plastering a smile onto her face and making it seem genuine as possible, she dipped her head in a respectful greeting to the two newcomers. They may have been rookies, but they both reeked of herbs. That was a tell-tale sign enough that her inference had been correct.
"Nice to meet ya! I'm Irisflame, medicine cat of those shady Shadow things. So, Grump's gotten into the big leagues, huh?" She greeted, her attitude seeming to instantly change in the time she'd done so. Even then, she couldn't hide the glint of grief in her dark eyes. She glanced over to Coyotesnarl, who seemed...happy? Smirking in amusement, her attention latched onto a voice beside her that had entered her proximity.
"Hey, Laddie Bo- STARCLAN. What happened to your tail?" She exclaimed, taking note of the smaller stub, "Mm? I'm holding on, I guess." She replied, forcing a grin. But the throbbing pain in her chest exploded at the mention of Echopaw, and her face fell, a deep frown replacing her faked happiness.
"She...she was taken. S-she's gone." Irisflame murmured, voice breaking.

Turning away at the sound of her name, Irisflame noticed the flash of a particular grin out of the corner of her eyes. rolling her eyes in amusement, she exchanged an equally laugh-worthy one in the orange-pelted warrior's direction.
"Hey, Prickles!" Laughing, she cleared her giggly throat before returning to her solemn conversation.

[ @Arie -I'm sorry, I stalked the Buck/Nettle interactions. I am laughing so hard- please send help.]

Irisflame stated at the wide-eyed tom with disdain in her gaze. He looked...stunned, for what seemed like a few heartbeats. Was the snively little scrap not used to being called out like this? Honestly, the young cats these days were getting more and more rambunctious and disrespectful. Not like she had much to say for herself, though. His amber eyes continued to state for what felt like an uncomfortably long time, but was likely only a few moments. Honestly...who was this 'paw? This strange...bubbly...staring...Windclan 'paw. She was tempted to go to his mentor at this point and complain. She was beat down enough, she didn't need some strange bug of a cat following her around like a second shadow.
"No, I think you're wrong. Trippy, not Stagpaw nor Oi." She teased, her voice tinged with hints of amusement. He was quite a fancy talker for such a young cat. At least she could have some fun on this Stars-forsaken day. Even if it was a social activity, teasing allowed her to feel...powerful, in a way. And a little bit of talk was worth that. Leaning backwards as a crippled paw was flung around in her face, she furrowed her brow.
"Irisflame...do I have to wave my crippled leg in your face, too?" She greeted, her time slightly lighter than it had been before. Prices of laughter had emerged from days of slumber. "Shells? Why the heck not. This evening can't get any worse anyway."

[ @Nebby -both the Dream and Rabbit posts are so sad :' ( ]

Berrybounce gazed around the hollow, tidbits of conversation traveling into her open ears. It may have been eavesdropping, but the leaders hadn't said much yet. She sidled up beside her pumpkin, a light purr harmonizing with his deeper, rougher ones. Leaning into his touch, she looked up at him with excited green eyes.
"Our first gathering back! This is sooo cool! What do you think the leaders'll say?!