View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2020, 06:04 AM
chase your dreams, fool.

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipper View Post

There were some cats in this clan whose presence soothed his nerves and told him everything was going to be alright, a stabilizer in a sea of turmoil. Eagleflower was one of those.

And Fawnsqueak could hardly believe his fortune as he peered to the entrance only to see him waiting there, radiant as ever, and an unconscious smile lifted his muzzle. The reaction was innate, instant. Eagleflower just sort of had that effect on cats, he guessed.

Alarmed by his own appearance, Fawnsqueak was quick to rise to his paws and swipe furious licks over his pelt, rapid and clumsy and desperate to be somewhat presentable for this meeting. He hadn't seen him in what felt like moons and that alone caused a burn of shame because he had wanted to, still did. But seeking him out felt almost.. as if it was a violation, unsure if Eagleflower would truly be open to that or if he'd been humoring him that night. "Eagleflower," he breathed, straightening out. Awed. "Oh, Eagleflower."

There was an element of mourning. He hadn't seen him in so long. He couldn't imagine he'd come in here for idle chatter, that... didn't seem likely. Idle chatter with Fawnsqueak was never sought out. Thickness in his throat, he asked hoarsely, concerned,

"Are you okay?"

Sunbeams of joy seemed to dance across his chest as Eagleflower caught a look in the deer-spotted tom's direction, filling him with a light, homey sensation. The said sensation wasn't something he'd felt in a long time nor anticipated. Almost enough to heal his dopey paw. Almost. Watching as Fawnsqueak gave himself a quick round of licks, amusement bubbled in his green orbs.
"Fawnsqueak. I missed you." He remarked, his voice brighter than it had been upon entrance. A grin curled on his muzzle.

'Are you okay?' The simply stated question was one he had far too many answers to. But how could he explain the judging eyes, his desperate longings for the sky, his neverending whirlpool of worry, the clouds of sadness and the comforting embrace of death? ...best to start with the basics instead.
"I should be asking you the same question." Eagleflower mused, green orbs studying Fawnsqueak carefully. There was a somewhat stressed and frazzled look about him. And...shame? He couldn't be sure why, but the look alone was enough to propel him towards the other tom.
Padding forwards carefully, he was able to make it a few steps of the way before his injured paw gave in and caused him to trip, throwing the brown-toned tom off balance.

Lying in a small pile on the floor, Eagleflower hid his flushing face in embarrassment. Their first meeting since that night and he was already a hot mess. How could things get any worse? In many ways, he reminded himself.
"I may or may not have gotten into a fix involving an angry bird and a ditch?" He suggested, peering out from behind his paws. You could count on him to do something outrageously clumsy like this.

❝shine bright, little star.❞

i've shut down all rps, but i'll be semi-online for vms and pms.
hit me up on discord if you'd like to chat over dms (:

sitesignature pic • profile pic from alice oseman's heartstopper <3