View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2016, 05:23 PM

My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: ShadowClan's Liberation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenic! View Post
Really, he was confused as to what Marbledface was doing, just standing there while he lunged for her. He almost could've stopped completely, but he's grown a bit of a backbone in the recent event of Riverclan's freedom, and couldn't simply back down now. Letting his claws sink into her flank, he wasn't expecting her to suddenly turn on him, twisting away and slicing into his shoulder painfully. Letting out a loud growl in immense pain, he lifted up one of his front legs shakily, jabbing it towards her belly in an attempt to kick her off of him. I can't let myself down- Rabbitkit and Shellkit, they depend on me- and so does everybody else in this entire forest who has a good heart. His hind legs dug into the dirt as he pushed towards his opponent, eyes narrowing as his whiskers twitched with a rush of anger which came with the pain he was feeling, a sensation that had only happened one other time he could remember. It was when Shellfeather was still with him, and when a jealous cat by the name of Scorchingflame had the nerve to attack him over his love for her- but in the end, it didn't matter. She was lost now, and there was a big chance he'd never see her again. Even if that's the case... I have to make her proud.
As his claws scraped her belly she yowled out in her own pain, eyes flaring in shock. The young warrior had never been in battle, and even though Shadowclan was encouraged to not go easy in training, it was nothing comparable. The feeling of her skin being torn by his sharp talons made her numb. She quickly gave up on her attack and scampered backwards. The white patches on her chest and left shoulder were stained crimson. She panted as she stared at the warrior before her. Her emerald eyes were still hard and determined, but underneath the look she was scared. Letting him strike first wouldn't help her in the long run, she had to strike herself. She swallowed hard taking a heartbeat to make a decision on an attack. Then the mottled molly sprung into action, adrenaline quickly overrode the pain as she sprung with claws out, trying to latch herself onto his shoulder. She just wanted to get some attack made, though the one she'd chosen had left her right side exposed to his left paw attacks and bites. As she sailed she regretted her attack choice, though there was nothing that could be done for her now.