View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2016, 06:00 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: Dusk Syndicate Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
That was one of the many things that Hannibal was good at, not directly stating a threat but fully intending it in his tone and in his words, he was a master crafter of language really, which was one of the many things that caused cats to become intrigued by him. Hannibal looked away after saying this to Illusion, the tip of his tail flicking lightly as he sensed the pause as Illusion drank in his words, surely noticing the hidden threat that was there, the hidden information intended for her to decipher. He didn't need to look into her eyes to feel that small sense of shock that rippled through her at his words. Good, she got the meaning. She's gotten more intelligent. Thought the tom quietly, but really, it wouldn't have mattered to him whether she had gotten it or not. Turning his head as he heard her finally gather her thoughts, he looked at her once more, ears focused in her direction. "Yes, well perhaps that holiday will come sooner than you believe Illusion." Was all he said and yet it was dripping with malice to the point where even the most idiotic and numb of cats could have heard it, and yet the words came out as smooth as ever, as if he were simply talking about the weather. It was clear her implication didn't matter to Hannibal, because what he said was true. If he wanted to break you down to nothing, he would.

The dark grey tom wasn't at all surprised that Illusion would want to change the subject, she had just gotten barely a taste of the darkness that was dwelling within this creature, most cats would have wanted to change the subject far before what it came to with Illusion. "Hm?" The question intrigued him, his gaze focusing on her fully now, before it appeared as if he was distracted. "I enjoy watching others guess.. But really, no. I would never let anyone understand me, mostly because I don't believe anyone is capable of understanding me. You may try, some have, and they've failed." His eyes flashed with a strange look, something unknown and yet.. It should have been clear what had happened to these cats that have failed to understand him, painfully clear.
{It's all good! :^D}

Illusion's pelt seemed to crawl with the unease she felt. His words just echoed once more in her mind before she forcefully pushed them away for good. Although as she did this, they only seemed to be replaced with another threat. Hannibal was trying to get to her. She couldn't let that happen. This time she seemed to be more prepared and didn't react towards his words. Her pelt lay flat once more and her optics shifted towards the gray tom-cat. They held no more emotion and instead seemed to be studying the evil feline next to her.

"Perhaps that would be best for you, but that only half answered my question," she spoke with a calm tone, watching him carefully. "Are you refusing to grow close... well let me reword that," she paused, thinking of the words she was going to say next. "Are you refusing to allow anyone to get to know you... to have someone that you can go to as an ally or a 'friend'?" she asked instead, allowing him some time to answer before she continued. "Or do you think you're better alone for your life?" she finished with her tail tip twitching beside her. The white she-cat simply waited for his answer now. Unsure of how he'd answer, although she expected something about how he doesn't need anyone or that he doesn't want anyone getting that close to him. It was a typical Syndicate cat answer, even though most were hypocrites about it. Perhaps Hannibal was different? Or gave her an unusual answer?

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL