View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2020, 11:01 PM
Loyal Follower of Ainz

My Mood: Cheeky

Default Re: Last Wolves On Earth #2 (Private)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainz Ooal Gown View Post
Athena kept running up until she stopped at where she found her target. "I was hunting here. And look what I found!" She said pointing to nothing. Her smile faltered. "What? But he was right here?" He couldn't have vanished!" She said now looking around frantically.

From behind the three wolves, a voice spoke. "Did you really think that I would stay in the same spot for long?" The voice of Shadow was as clear as day as he held a smile on his face. "Honestly. I thought I taught you better Athena." He smiled as Athena basically ran into him in a big hug.

Both Sunset and Czar had very similar reactions...that of which was standing there in shock, before tears slowly flooded their vision. Sunset’s legs became became weak and she slowly lowered herself to the ground as she shook. Her expression was a mix of pain and shock.

She felt pain, because she had left him. He had been alive all this time and they left him all alone to fend for himself. Pain because she had let herself be manipulated whilst she was in her lowest of times, pain because she believed everything Klaus had told her. That shadow was never coming back, that Klaus was all she had and she should be grateful for everything he had done for her. That she was worthless without him, but now Shadow was back.

And what had she done? She let herself be played like a puppet. Sunset should have felt beyond happy, and she did...but the emotion of pain and guilt overpowered everything. Yet the she wolf couldn’t look away. If she would have been able to stand and walk towards him...she would have...but she felt as if she didn’t deserve to go and press up against her mate. For the wrong she had done.

“Sha...dow...” She choked out between sobs, unable to say much else, flinching if he came closer...not sure if this was another cruel trick of her mind to haunt her.

~0~

After the shock passed he ran to his father, sobbing uncontrollably...not even stopping as his mother fell behind him...to caught up in the scent that he had missed the most. It was if he was glued to his side, terrified that if he were to move away from him that his father would disappear once again.