View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2021, 12:06 AM
chirps

Default Re: Windswept Plains

➳ Sunchaser
Having decided to leave camp after a rather disastrous run-in with a Clanmate might have been the smartest decision Sunchaser had made all day. The young tom mumbled to himself with his eyes focused on his paws, not really taking in the changing scenery around him. He felt stupid and embarrassed and was tempted to just start running further and faster, creating as much distance as he could between himself and ThunderClan. What a wretched place, full of furballs who just wanted to make fun of him daily. Didn’t they want to find love to? Didn’t they want to feel a million little fluttering butterfly wings when conversing with the fabled “one and only”? Or was he the only one with a lick of sense in the entire forest?

Not really watching where he was going, his trajectory lead him straight into the cold embrace of a broad tree trunk. ”Ouch!” he mumbled around a mouthful of dead flowers, giving his head a shake as he backed up. The tom glared at the dark brown bark statute, an angry snort coming from his nose. "Stupid. Just about as stupid as the rest of ThunderClan. Still though, he couldn’t help the twinge of dismay he felt at the recent events that had just transpired back at camp. Sure he seemed to be the only one with his head screwed on straight, but that didn’t make it any less embarrassing to be rejected again, and in front of an audience no less.

No way was he going to return to camp over a bruised head from a run in with a rather rude tree. He had a worse fate waiting for him back home.

Side stepping around, Sunchaser moved forward again, squinting to see the silhouettes of two rather familiar faces. His pace quickened a bit, and relief flooded him as he recognized Sunpoppy and Hareflood. Finally. Two cats who would actually be welcoming to him, and not cast him away with the notion that he didn’t, and would never, belong. Breaking into a sprint, he leapt over another slain tree, easily closing the distance between himself and the two toms.

”Hi guys,” he breathed, voice garbled as he tried to speak around the dried up weeds he was still clutching. Realizing this probably wasn’t the smartest idea, the pale tabby proceeded to drop them to the ground. But that certainly wasn’t enough. For good measure, he lifted a paw and squashed it down, digging the rejected flowers deep into the thin snow layer. ”Stupid dead flowers. Stupid camp with its stupid cats – not you two, of course. Everyone else. They act like I’ve got the issue when it’s them who make everything about that place feel so… stupid.” He couldn’t think of a better word, but it wasn’t for lack of trying. ”All I wanted was a hunting buddy, but what did I get? ‘Oh no, sorry dude, I already have plans to worship my ass off later at the foot of StarClan’. I’m done this time – seriously! No laughing, I’m really done.” With a huff, the tom sat down, glaring at the smashed flowers beneath him.

@Dipper @BILL.