View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2021, 07:22 PM
Snowing

My Mood: Dark
Default Re: Windswept Plains

Quote:
Originally Posted by spade View Post
➳ Sunchaser
Alarm bells sounded off in his head as he realized that despite his hunting claim, Sunchaser hadn't a single morsel surrounding him. He may as well have said he was trying to catch the stars - that would've been just as believable. So when Darkfire seemingly pointed it out, Sunchaser felt anxiety creep up his legs. "I... I ate it already." Well that was a dumb answer. If Darkfire didn't have a reason to report him to Buckstar before, he certainly did now. A warrior evading normal duties, slacking off, and eating what he caught? That sounded more like a rogue than a ThunderClan warrior - though, at this point, the last place he wanted to be was back in the Clan.

He was in the middle of trying to come up with an excuse to leave the situation when the tom brought him his friends - or, lack of. Guilt prickled at his heart as he recalled the recent disastrous meeting with his childhood best friend. "They left," he snapped, not meaning to come across so angry, but the way they had both stormed away left a bitter taste in his mouth, despite him being the reason for their departure. Oh, mixed feelings. Sunchaser hated it. The one cat who seemed to understand his fascination with love, gone without a glance back, off with his new friends. "I could never compete with Hareflood..." the tom muttered under his breath, momentarily forgetting that Darkfire stood near him.

A rather cold breeze blew past, ruffling the thick fur of Sunchaser's pelt. He didn't mind it much. Like the snow he'd been laying in, it had no effect on him. Bringing his gaze back to Darkfire, he swallowed, unsure of what to say now. He knew basically the tom's name, and that was about it. "Where is the rest of your hunting patrol?" he asked, suddenly inquisitive. His paws tingled - perhaps his luck would be turned around if this was the patrol that Sageflurry was on!

// @Paradise
There where two cats that heard the tom talk to another cat. The tom stood up, shaking the bush near the other tom.