Thread: Pinewatch Patch
View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2021, 11:06 AM
Nightmare Fuel

Bump Policy: ▸ Constantly

Default Re: Pinewatch Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snook View Post

Hazelpaw rolled her eyes, forcing her fur to smooth itself out even though annoyance still pricked beneath her pelt. "I knew you were there," she bluffed, eyeing the 'paw. "I just didn't expect you to have the luck to catch it." Her eyes were wide and innocent as a small smile popped onto her face. "It's okay," she mewed silkily. "I'll even let you take the credit for catching your very first mouse, even if I did chase it right into your paws." She ran her tongue over one shoulder, almost impressed at her own generosity. Usually, she wouldn't have sweated the misunderstanding, but today... well, he hadn't caught her on a good day. She cocked her head and observed him lazily. Such a new life. Bursting with vigor. It's funny how cats liked to cling to life-- it was so insignificant. She wondered...

Flicking her ear as if chasing off a bad dream, she realized with a pang of regret that she would have to diffuse the situation. Aggression hadn't been a good idea. Silverpaw was smaller than her but not by much-- and fights never ender well for a cat who didn't have claws. Using her teeth was usually risky... and now all she could do was wait for him to respond.
↠ Silverpaw
Silverpaw's nose crinkled. "Liar." He hissed, unshaken by her change of tone. If anything, it egged him on. "If you saw me, then you would've caught the mouse ages ago! You're the experienced one, after all. It's sad how I seemed to be closer to catching it than you did. How pathetic..." That last part was not true, but he was practically searching for an excuse to argue at this point. The glare in his eyes intensified like gasoline to a flame, thirsting for a reaction out of her.