Thread: Willow's Rise
View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2021, 03:02 PM
i am kenough

Default Re: The Weeping Tree

[ @Panda1440 ]

Rainywhisker didn't want to wait to move in on Iciclepaw. He'd gone to fetch her, under the guise of simply needing some extra paws on an herb-walk.

But walking together outside of camp, he'd been silent- Formulating the right way to say "Hey, you're going to be the next medicine cat's apprentice- Literally the next medicine cat though."

So they make it all the way to the Weeping Tree before the gray tom slows to a halt. He studies the marred trunk with a heavyset frown. Whoever vandalized the tree so cruelly deserved to be punished, perhaps even exiled if they were one of ThunderClan's own. That fire was atrocious, and Rainywhisker could still remember the lives lost. His own former apprentice had disappeared not IN the flames but after escaping. His heart was still heavy from the loss, and he still questioned why Duskstar never told him what had happened.

His copper eyes travel around the clearing. The pair were out at a pleasant time of day- Golden hour, just when the sun was setting down towards the horizon again. Everything would soon be bathed in gold.
"Iciclepaw, I know we haven't spoken before, so I can only imagine what you must be thinking." He gazes at her, the hint of a knowing smile teasing the corners of his lips. "You can relax though, you're not in trouble. Quite the opposite, really..."
He'd just cut right to the chase, as he always did. Even an apprentice would appreciate the concise approach hopefully. "I have just gotten out of a talk with Buckstar and we feel that, due to the resurgence of ice in dreams and signs given to both myself and to WindClan's medicine cat, Coldamber, your apprenticeship should be moved into different study. I believe that you will exceed expectations and push ThunderClan to new limits if you were to be an apprentice to the medicine cat."

Pausing, he allows her to absorb this information, while also studying the molly closely. Would she catch onto his wording there? Or would she only acknowledge the great amount of pressure he'd just given her. And this power of hers- Rainywhisker was immensely curious of the coming reaction.