View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2021, 12:03 AM
chirps

Default Re: Dreams of a disbeliever and a ghost [Private]

The nip of Snakeheart only earned a soft laugh from her, a twinkle in her blue eyes giving away the fact that Cricketpaw wasn't really afraid of the tom - more so glad that he was more interactive than before. Reaching out a slender paw she batted softly towards his nose, her paw just lightly grazing it as a smile stretched further across her face.

"Snakeheart is perfect, and Coldamber was the perfect cat to give it to you. I'll admit, I was a bit sad that you didn't dream that night," Cricketpaw added, a momentary cloud of sadness drifting across her gaze. She'd been waiting the entire night for Snakeheart to dream, so she could be the first to congratulate him. But alas, he'd stuck with a less traditional ceremony - which she under stood. But he was here now, and that realization was enough to place the smile back onto her face.

At the mention of the herbs working, Cricketpaw did a little bounce of her own, her toes tapping against the celestial marshy terrain they were in. "Of course they did, silly!" she purred, nudging his shoulder lightly with a paw. Burdock root and burnet were some of the first herbs she'd learned under Geckoleaf's training, and she was glad to hear they were still growing plentiful in her homeland.

"Oh, Snakeheart." There was a certain lightness in her tone as she watched him with an amused expression, whiskers twitching. She wouldn't push him to believe - no, it had to be organic. Instead she just laughed and dismissed it with a flick of her tail.

"Of course I'll teach you more, but you're correct, you'll have to get up you silly lump!" Not phased at all by his drawbacks to the dream - all that mattered was that he had returned, and Cricketpaw could continue doing the one thing she knew how to do best - befriend him.

// @Rani