View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2017, 05:59 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

After a nice...well-needed run, Passionblaze found himself trotting into the clearing. He brought back to satisfying mice...well, one of them more on the scrawny side, but it was better than nothing! After distributing his gain, he sat down, his tail lashing for a moment. He eyed his fellow clanmates, throwing smiles at whichever ones caught his sullen gaze. That fight with the Syndicate wore him out, physically drained him and sore him. He didn't think it would take that long to heal from such pain, but it had. On top of that, he was pushing himself. He was always pushing himself. Passionblaze wanted to be bigger, he wanted to improve. He felt weakened in that battle, but they had won it. He wasn't dominated. Even when in beaten to a pulp, he shot back up. He readied himself for more pain - for more fights. It...it was the heat of the moment. Naturally, Passionblaze wasn't the type to strike violence. He was easy to approach, and very friendly, understanding, and polite. And, they say chivalry died...psh. Decorated with intricately set wounds, that made him appear more like artwork than an actual cat, Passionblaze was quite relieved that his seemingly thick pelt hid these...victories. These war gains. These trophies. Because he fought like a warrior, like a soldier.
Passionblaze's eyes widened slightly when he saw another approaching him. Shouting his name, the ginger Tom almost lost his footing from the state of shock. He briskly turned to his new company, giving a curt nod to listen to...who was this? Still new and all, Passionblaze was teaching himself to learn the names of his companions. When the other tom mentioned the upcoming battle with Windclan, Passionblaze jumped up, his fur bristling. "I almost forgot about that!" He exclaimed - how could he forget about that battle? If there was a tree, Passionblaze would had banged his head against it. Slowly, Passionblaze gained lost of control, but he was still self-conscious. He perked his ears towards his clan mate. "Oh, do you?" His voice was genuinely curious. He even gave a tilt of his head. "I'm all ears." He wiggled them upright, allowing the firmness of his stocky legs to relax from under mild pressure. If cats felt they couldn't go to their leader, Passionblaze was there to help them. He was an open minded tom that loved the opinions of others. And, exactly what this Tom had in mind about the upcoming war?
(I just reread the gathering RP with the leader’s and it doesn’t look like Goldenstar mentioned Shadowclan sheltering in RC, so I’m going to operate under the assumption that Morningblue didn’t know, but Passionblaze might have.)

Morningblue noticed but didn’t acknowledge that he had surprised the deputy with his abruptness. He was used to it. As far as Thunderclan cats went, he was in the larger side. He rarely laughed or smiled or even spoke to cats he didn’t know well. Not only that, but when he did speak, his voice tended to be even and cold. He saw no need to do anything different. He wasn’t out to make new friends. He had his sister, and that was all the closeness he needed. The large blue tom mostly kept his head down and did his duty like a good soldier, and like a good soldier, he excelled in battle not just because of his physical strength but the fact that he saw weaknesses and strategies that others sometimes didn’t.

“When Snowstar asked us to try hunting in Shadowclan the patrol I went with got very close to their camp because there was no scent of them and we decided to investigate. Shadowclan territory had been completely flooded and unusable. They couldn’t have stayed there. They must have taken shelter in another clan’s territory with the clan leader’s permission. It obviously wasn’t Thunderclan. If Windclan was really as short on prey as Blazingstar said, He would have asked for Shadowclan’s assistance in fighting Thunderclan then and there to put pressure on Shadowclan since the would be indebted to Windclan. That just leaves Skyclan and Riverclan, and with kits and sick cats in tow, Riverclan territory being much closer, and Riverclan being known for their plentiful fish, Riverclan is much more likely. If that’s the case, Shadowclan may feel indebted to Riverclan so soon after being sheltered by them. If Riverclan asks for their help, there is a good chance they will do so. I think we should try and persuade Riverclan to fight with us. If I’m right, we would gain the support of Riverclan and Shadowclan in one fell swoop.” His argument made, Morningblue sat on his haunches, his cold, green gaze fixed on Passionblaze as he waited to see what the tom thought of his reasoning.