View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2016, 10:15 AM
leave the past behind

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
(Reply @Collin)

Amber eyes followed the apprentice, narrowing ever-so-slightly. A long, brown tabby tail curled up, its tip flicking. "Aye, I've been pretty good. Been a lil lonely with no one to talk to, dying to play pranks, growing up." Songthorn thought, his eyes raking up and down Burnetpaw's form. Sweet mother of Starclan! Was it just him, or did Burnetpaw get cuter? The young warrior blinked, tearing his gaze away and forcing a minor glare. "Unlike some that I know." He snorted, standing up. Songthorn had certainly grown taller, stronger and more good looking.
Then, another look passed over his face as he remembered the past, the toms' moments together. Oh, how Songthorn wished that he could curl around the other tom's form, their fur pressed together and scents mixing as they hid from the vixen. His claws dug into the ground, but then a large smirk passed over the tabby tom's maw. "Oi, fleabrain, wanna go on a walk or somethin' if Blackflower gives permission? We'd be able to catch up on a few things thag we missed in the couple moons of staying apart.
Truly, those moons had almost driven Songthorn mad. Every moon, day, hour, minute or heartbeat was awful. They were all filled with the want of being near the tom, to press against his side. Oh, Burnetpaw... why do you make me feel this way?
A huff escaped the forever-short apprentice as he stared up into the eyes of the young warrior. Burnetpaw resumed his smirk and settled himself down on the ground, leaning back on his haunches. Barely able to conceal his surprise at how... well Songthorn had aged, he instead decided to act like it wasn't a big deal, a quirked brow and a confused grin resting on his face for a moment in order to mask how he really felt about it. Burnetpaw trained his optics on Songthorn's--but his carefully-planned expression fell apart when he heard the warrior mention growing up, and clearly implying that he hadn't. Burnetpaw grunted, indignance spread across his face. ""Wha--! Well, I'm sorry that I 'aven't gotten taller! I can't 'elp it!" A moment later, he let out a dismissive sound, pretending like he hadn't done anything that could've backfired on him.
"Yeah, yeah, sure. Walks are always fun," he quickly accepted Songthorn's request, "and it's not like we need ta ask Blackflower; she's just a nuisance, and I'm almost a warrior! I can deal with the forest now," he added, choosing to ignore the tabby's last bit about catching up. Burnetpaw had tried his hardest to ignore it when he spotted Songthorn in the clearing, or when his mind wandered, or when he had dreams about him, or when he heard cats talking about him... yeah, uh, Burnetpaw was having a little bit of trouble keeping his mind off of the handsome tom. Oops. Harrumphing, Burnetpaw turned to trot out of the camp, pausing the length of a couple foxtail's later and glancing back over his shoulder at Songthorn. "You comin'?"

lio was here ♥

Last edited by ameko; October 8th, 2016 at 10:15 AM.