Thread: April Gathering
View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2017, 05:48 PM

My Mood: Dead

Default Re: April Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Skittles View Post
Snarlingpaw and the others led them to the edge of the lapping waves. Two other cats leapt out of the shadows. The she-cat's face was curled in a look of distaste and amusement, while the tom just sat and watched. Snarlingpaw nodded and began to explain. "To become a warrior, you have to take a test..." He pointed to a small islet on the ocean, roughly 15-20 fox-lengths from the beach.
http://www.traveladventures.org/coun...ka-islet02.jpg
"The bravest, strongest, most amazing warriors can swim to that islet, and only the bravest! The way we'll know if you're real warriors, is you need to retrieve a plant that only grows there! It's called.... The Strawberry... If you bring back the delicious Strawberries we can share them to eat... If you don't, Let's say Snowstar won't be launching a patrol to save you. Or any other leader" She nodded at Creampaw. "You watch them. Me and the others will go to the dunker station... And watch the leaders"

Dewpaw gasped in amazement at the islet, not knowing how she would possibly swim across it. She had never heard of having to take a test to become a warrior, nevertheless retrieving... a srow-berry? Stroah-berry? Her tail lowered until she was warily flicking it back and forth suspiciously. "Isn't that dangerous? If the leaders won't save us... wouldn't we drown?"

"Yeah," chimed in Duskpaw with suspicion etched in his face. "And I've never heard of a test having to be taken in order to become a warrior. Anyways, we're only apprentices!" He shot back, his green eyes growing cold. He puffed out his chest in an effort to look more mature than the obviously older apprentices.

For a second, Duskpaw actually contemplated it. He wanted to become a warrior as soon as possibly. That would be his greatest ambition... to be the youngest warrior in WindClan! He would be the most envied, the most respected cat in all of the Clans... Without a word he stepped a way from his sister, throwing her a quick glance full of concern that said, "I need to do this. You shouldn't."

Dewpaw shot forward. "Duskpaw, don't!" Her bright blue eyes were wide in fear. "You could drown, and no one would be able to save you!"

He snickered, anger breaking through his fear. He dug his claws into the ground as he walked to the edge of islet. "You don't understand, Dewpaw," he murmured. "This is all I've ever wanted. You may be content with your role..." He took a deep breath and turned to the young, pretty, tortoiseshell she-cat. "But I'm not. This is my ticket to respect. And if this is what it takes..." He gazed out at the glittering islet. "Then I'm willing to do it." Without giving her a chance to respond, the stumpy-tailed tom looked back at Snarlingpaw and Stammerpaw, while Dewpaw just gaped, her gaze flying between her brother and Creampaw. "I'm ready," announced Duskpaw.