Thread: Smallpines
View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2017, 12:17 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ThunderClan | RiverClan Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by monfang View Post

He trotted behind her, quick, ears pinned to his head, head low and his body showing that he most definitely was scared. He heard bad rumours about the borders, how some cats were killed here, and he gulped at the thought. "H-Hey Ketralpaw, do you th-think we could h-head home, I-I'm sure our mentors would understand." his soft, weak, stuttery voice sounded behind his sister, tail nearly between his legs. He wasn't exactly fond of border trips either, and infact, that made him more scared than ever. Surely there was something he could do right? Like, run home like a little mouse. Sunpaw would tease him until the end of time, that's for sure. He swallowed hard and slowly padded behind her. He couldn't leave her alone.
As he walked he stepped on a twig, and the snap caused him to jump high into the air with a yelp, and he bolted, hiding behind his sister. "SOMEONE'S AFTER US!" he whispered, loudly and hoarsely in fear as he shook and shuddered against her. His green eyes wide with fear. He wanted to go home. Things like this scared the poor tom out of his own pelt.
"We can head home in a little bit." Kestrelpaw's answer sounded final, and she didn't so much as glance over towards her brother. Most of the time she was pretty understanding about Firepaw's fear, but... was she looking for someone? Probably, probably someone that she could accuse of crossing the border. His loud yelp made her fur bristle and her head whipped around, glancing behind her fearfully before she breathed a sigh of relief. No one was there. No ShadowClan cat was there, no RiverClan cat was there. "It was just you stepping on a twig, Firepaw. It's okay - I'm not going to let anyone hurt you." The she cat purred, making sure that the tom was safe near her. She didn't want her brother to be scared. He was one of the few who got to see her showing her emotions, showing her care for the other tom. Most of the time she acted as though no one meant anything to her, as though she needed no one... as though she could make it on her own. And perhaps she could, maybe that wasn't just some bluff. But it sure did seem like one. The sandy feline's eyes scanned the territory, her expression almost proud as she stayed in front of Firepaw. Was there something there? The apprentice's eyes narrowed and she opened her maw to speak. "If you're there, show your face... you coward." Her voice was calm, although insulting at the same time as though she knew she was saying something rude and really couldn't care less that she was. Her eyes flashed, tail lashed - and she struggled not to hit Firepaw in the face with it as she awaited the cat in the shadows to emerge. Was this all in her imagination? They would see. But one thing, Kestrelpaw was sure of... she wouldn't let them hurt her brother.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.