Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2017, 05:00 PM
queeny ♬

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
Arcticpaw smiled softly at his mentor as he slipped beside her, stabling her against himself as she limped up the incline of the StarCave. Though Arcticpaw knew he would never get used to the feeling of being sucked into nothingness, he was still anxious for the next visit to the strange cave. Before his paws reached the surface, the tom stole one last glance of the flickering cave, storing it in his mind for next time. Before he scrambled to feel the soft ground beneath his paws, he smiled at the large stone, "I'll see you again..." Arcticpaw whispered into nothingness, his soft tone dripping with something of sadness, and that of joy. As the tom looked at the star woven sky, he could have sworn he saw Nightpelt in Silverpelt, her beautiful emerald gaze soothing him.
She listened to his whispered words, but said nothing, knowing that this experience was something for him, not her. But it still made Geckoleaf a bit nostalgic from the past; she had uttered near that same phrase when she first received the title of medicine cat apprentice. But that was in the past, and the past was where it would remain. She waited for the moment it took him to cement the cave in his mind, some of her weight pressed again his body, though only enough so that she could walk without pain. And she stayed silent still as they left the cave, and the cool night air, mixed with frigid hints of winter, blew across them. Then the long, arduous walk began, and they made their way home.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending