View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2017, 09:47 PM
lover of science and cats

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: SkyClan | Dusk Syndicate Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
Despite his boiling rage, Grousestar would act as civil as possible, after all, this was their last chance, if they dismissed it then he could let his anger boil over and throw the wrath of Skyclan down upon them. But for now, it would be a civil, calm conversation. At least, that's what the leader planned and hoped for.
Luckily enough he seemed to have impeccable timing and it didn't take long for him to spot Halite taking a walk through his territory and even less time for the leader of the Syndicate to notice him.

"Halite I believe it is?" Mewed the brown tabby in response, respectfully dipping his head and keeping his neutral demeanor as neutral as he could, not quite wanting to show this anger to the opposing 'leader'. It could make for a rash decision, and he didn't desire that. He would treat this decision carefully because he didn't wan't to go to war, he didn't want more bloodshed and naturally he would try anything in his power to stop such a thing. But at the same time, Grousestar would not be afraid to attack. Not this time.

"I believe we have some matters to discuss, I hope you have the time to hear me out."
After years of holding back anger, it was easy now, to erase his emotion, to put on a happy face, that's what his clan knew him for, his happy face and friendliness, they never knew what was underneath, the boiling emotions he kept down so that he could make his clan feel comfortable. No one liked to see their leader angry. Luckily enough they were particularly alone out here and if he got angry, then it wouldn't be too much of an issue. No one would be scared except perhaps Halite, but he didn't use his anger as a means of intimidation, he used it to show that he was not some nice cat that let you walk all over him. He was a leader.

And so the Skyclan leader would wait for Halite to respond, not wanting to seem rude by continuing, though in all honesty, he would particularly care about being rude to this cat, not after experiencing the Syndicate. Rudeness was the least he could deal out to those monsters.
Halite twitched at the SkyClan leader's response. He fought back his slight annoyance and forced himself to stay in a calm, disciplined, stately manner, similarly to Grousestar. If that horrendous clan cat was going to act like this, he might as well do the same, until he was offended in a way. After all, he was the reputation of the Syndicate.

In all honesty, the Commander didn't want to have this conversation. He wanted to twitch his tail and dismiss Grousestar like one of his fellow trainees- except, that wasn't going to work in a million years. No, Grousestar was a high-ranking cat just like him, and he had power too. Not as much as the Syndicate, though. He should already know this, due to the border skirmishes. The SkyClan leader sounded pretty emotionless in his words so far, but Halite assumed that there was a hidden layer underneath. There always was, in every cat.

"Yes, Halite, that's me. If you wish to speak, do it." Halite spoke through gritted teeth. "I'll let you do the talking first, since I assume you came to see me? Of course, if you haven't, then I'll gladly walk away from your presence."

:: roleplayer of Halite- the former Dusk Syndicate Commander ::