View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2017, 06:34 AM
i put the si in almsivi

My Mood: Mellow

Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post

Amber hues narrowed as the she cat's lips pulled back in a snarl. Right now, she was furious. If this is what she was going to get for being friendly, then she definitely wouldn't bother anymore. No, the only thing she would bother with now was making sure that Milkweed never spoke to her like that again. For a minute she was so blinded by rage that she couldn't even think of a comeback, her tail lashing on the ground in hatred, pure and simple.

"I've been hunting to provide for my Clan. Which is more then you can say, mousefodder." Amberflame snapped, throwing the insult in for good measure. In her eyes, that was true at the moment - she's about as much use as a dead fox. The she cat snorted softly, her amber eyes flashing with anger. Right now? She really, really disliked Milkweed.

And it was hard for her to change her mind about the she cat when all she could feel was this burning anger at her friendly remark having been so harshly rejected. Yes, that had been Amberflame being friendly. That was just about as friendly as she got as a matter of fact. And yet this black and white feline, this useless pile of dung (Amberflame's thoughts were getting harsher by the second) was just sitting here and had the nerve to tell her that she was "sticking her nose into someone else's business," while at the same time questioning whether she had been guarding the camp this morning.

She wondered if Milkweed was of kittypet roots. That would explain the laziness - Amberflame herself had been clanborn, and her parents, and her grandparents.

Her family went back as far as she could remember, being Clanborn or wild cats... no one in her family would dare become a kittypet or associate with one. She was no different. At least, she wouldn't associate with one where someone could see her. That would simply end in too much embarrassment. Especially because everyone knew how strongly she disliked kittypets. She had made that VERY clear.

Milkweed blinked once, feeling nothing, absorbing nothing. She was almost too used to conflict; too used for uncalled-for hostility. Amberflame's holier-than-thou attitude made her want to retch, but she wouldn't. Quiet remarks hurt more than open aggression, so the bicoloured she-cat merely turned her whole body away from the thicker-furred warrior.

Smoothly, she murmured, "However much you lord your material achievements over me, you'll never know how much I've given in service. Thunderclan owes me nothing."
Although the molly preferred to remain unfeeling, there was something about the other she-cat's antagonism that rubbed her the wrong way. She'd pushed all her buttons; stuck her nose where it didn't belong and then whined after a less-than optimal reply.

Milkweed's ancestry was more muddled than most Thunderclanners, which presumably explained her lax sense of loyalty, but then again, what had Thunderclan done for her? Let her watch her apprentice die? Blame her for her lack of motivation afterwards-- expect her to scramble to their defence? Stretching out a dainty, long paw, she turned to Ambergaze again, eyes narrowing. Searching. This was a molly who had never had to work a day in her life because she needed to; Milkweed knew the type. Pure Clan blood, thick fur, made to hunt and serve. They never had perspective, and it just... grinded her gears, she supposed.

baibai