View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2017, 06:48 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

Passionblaze blinked, suddenly taken aback by the tom's snappiness. Though, he didn't back down to his fellow clan mate. Instead, he simply gave his shoulder a lick, his tongue grazing over a recent battle wound. "Well, we can't figure out what Blazingstar was thinking when he did such. Perhaps, he wasn't thinking! I don't think there's a soul in sight that could justify his motives, but I do know that this is our battle. If we put the other clans in this, who lives do you think would also be lost? Certainly not just thunderclanners!" He wrapped his tail around his paws, bringing up one of his paws to slowly groom his bushy tail, his mind in deep thought. "You mean well, but I just don't think another leader would put their clan mates in another war..." even if they did want to help out a "friend". Passionblaze knew Morningblue wanted to look out for his family - after all, they all had families. Passionblaze had his mother and his niece to look after. "We can have millions of others fighting on our side, but that doesn't mean we are sure of a solid victory. I can assure you that your family will be safe. I'll try the best that I can." it wasn't a promise he wanted to make, because he knew that it probably wouldn't be true. Maybe they would be hurt, but as his job, he wanted to look out for everyone. His death before anyone else's. "I'm not blaming you, friend. However, I don't only want to look out for the kits of Thunderclan, but the kits of all the clans. They are the innocent, and should not be thrown within this fire." That was only half the truth. Passionblaze's brother was still out there, and he vaguely recalled a conversation with his mother that Burn impregnated a Windclan she cat. This meant he had kin within their opponents' clan, and that haunted the Tom truly because he was in the midst of also trying to protect them. But, how could he protect his nieces and nephews, if he never met them before? Upon Morningblue's sudden question, Passionblaze lowered his own gaze and shook his head. "I...honestly couldn't tell you. I can't predict what will happen, if the other clans will decide to join, or how many lives will be lost. All I can say? Stay faithful to your stars, and think positively. Have that champion mindset that you will succeed. We willwin. This is our victory." It was true, Windclan could ask the other clans to help with the defeat, but Passionblaze also knew it wasn't their choice. It was up to the leaders of the other clans if they so willingly wanted to join this fight. The ginger Tom had a strong feeling that they would be facing each other alone. And, a one on one fight was exhilarating to Passionblaze. "Still, though - I like your thinking. And, if you so wish, I'll speak to Snowstar when she's not busy to see if she also likes it." Passionblaze was an open minded cat. He loved the opinions of his fellow clan mates, and to head their ideas of what they thought. Surely, Snowstar would respect that as well, in the end it was her decision. In the end, Snowstar was making the decision for them all.
Morningblue listened as Passionblaze gave his answer. It was clear that the deputy didn't share his opinion and wouldn't be persuaded. He might have found the other tom's dedication to the health and safety of other clan noble if in this case he were not so certain is was the wrong call this time. "No, that's alright. There's no need to speak to Snowstar," the blue-furred tom replied, his voice back to it's usual even calmness. "Thank you for speaking with me, Passionblaze," he said, giving the deputy a bow and turning to leave. He headed for the clearing entrance and slipped outside, intent on taking a run through the territory and letting the chilly air clear his mind.

There's no need for you to speak to Snowstar. I will speak to her instead.

He broke out into a run, feeling the wind in his fur and the fallen leaves churning beneath his claws.