Thread: Thunderglade
View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2024, 06:41 PM
KITTIES!

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: Thunderglade

Swiftfire
---------------

She was searching for a short time when she came across a patch of yellow and gold flowers growing in a sunny patch at the edge of the glade, and she was satisfied to recognize them as marigold. She set to collecting as many flowers as she could, snapping the stems with her teeth and setting them aside. With her marigold gathered at her paws, Swiftfire looked around to see if she could find something else to bring back.

And then she began looking at something moving in the grass. Something with feathers. With a delighted shiver, Swiftfire immediately dropped into a hunter's crouch, moving in silence, paw step by pawstep. As she got closer, she could see it was a fat pigeon, busy trying to crack open a snail it had found.

The bird didn't stand a chance. The moment she was within half a fox-length, she darted forward, landing with a paw on the bird's back and pinning it to the ground as she snapped its neck with her jaws. It shuddered once and went limp. It hadn't even realized it was dead; The snail was still locked in its beak.
"Looks like you live another day," Swiftfire chuckled as she flicked the snail away with a paw. Picking up the pigeon in her jaws, she carried it back to where she had left her marigold. Truth be told, she'd much rather carry her prey than bitter tasting herbs...but she needed to be seen with the herbs too. Gotta love punishments like that.

So with some grief, she set her prey down and called out to Poppysong. "Hey, think you could carry this back for me? I'll haul your moss." She hated asking. A warrior should carry their own prey, in her opinion. Catch and carry, not catch and pass it on to someone else. That and she deeply resented the notion of anyone being praised for her success. Not that she wouldn't be swift to correct any such misguidance.

[+4 marigold; +1 Pigeon]
@Mica [Hawkfur] @taillow [Bravebird] @MangofDoom [Poppysong]