View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2020, 07:18 AM
Fiercefire is backkkk!

Bump Policy: 5-7 days, 3 if its important
My Mood: Busy

Default Re: ShadowClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Lily View Post

[ @SpookyScarySkeletons @gs29513 - Irisflame doesn’t have poppy seeds in her herb stock at the moment, she was suggesting that Doe go out and collect them <33]

Irisflame let out a breath she hadn’t realised she’d been holding, relief visible in her blue orbs. He can move his from legs. Great. At least the situation wouldn’t become further escalated, which had worried her considerably. Now, all he needed was poppy seeds… And a small chat. She wasn’t sure how well both the apprentice and his mentor would take the news, considering the destroyed look in the she-cat’s eyes. Her attempt at a grin flattened into a more neutral expression. She couldn’t fake happiness. This would be a challenge, and not even her forced contentment would not conceal that.

The white-flecked molly seemed grateful for the chore, even though it required her leaving the den. A confused expression crossed the blue she’s face as she watched the warrior search the herb stock instead. Of course. Of course the patients expect us to have everything. An amused snort escaped her maw as the she-cat retrieved two small black stones and handed them to her. Taking the small things reluctantly, she rolled them in her paw for a heartbeat before meeting the cat’s eyes. Thank Starclan she was amused instead of explosive. Struggling to keep her eyes sincere, she grinned, gesturing to the supposed seeds.
“Uh…I don’t actually have poppy seeds in my den right now. I was wondering if you wanted to go for a walk. You look like you need a distraction.” She explained, her mew dripping with sympathy. She really should stop sounding like an inconsiderate, annoying sap. “It’s hard to tell the difference. We cleared a bunch of these little buggers out the other day- they really do look like poppy seeds. And now that we have out magic plants in here, they smell like ‘em. So, ya know…I understand.”

[ @ChillCat ]

Irisflame allowed a smile to light up her features, something she had not properly felt in a long time. The patient was good natured, and not asking to be laughed at like the others. Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad sharing her den for a while. Dropping her small collection of herbs by the warrior’s mossy nest, she sat back on her haunches to administer the treatment. Or, well, change the gauze. Geez. The whole ‘formal fancy medicine cat terms’ thing is rubbing off on me. She was even thinking like a herb-spitting weirdo. Which, to be fair, she was. Extending her claws to rip away the cobwebs, she dropped them beside her carefully. She wanted to see if she could recycle them. Her herb-gathering trips were going to be long and painful, so she wanted to make sure cobwebs weren’t another necessity.
“Mm…I’m good, I guess. Tired. Kinda annoyed. You?” She inquired, pricking her ears. She wanted to make sure the molly was at least relatively comfortable and content. It already sucked to be stuck in a cramped, smelly den- the medicine cat didn’t want it to be worse than it had to be. Shoving marigold into her jaws, she munched the tangy flower into a thick paste. She would never get used to the stinging aftertaste it left in her mouth. Dividing the poultice between the warrior’s wounds, she licked it in carefully and stamped on a thin layer of cobwebs- the top layer of the ones from last time, they didn’t have any poultice or fluids on them- and leaned over to retrieve more from the herb stock. Finishing up, she collapsed into her own nest, which lay across from the she-cat’s.

“I keep referring to you as ‘molly’ or ‘she-cat’ or ‘you’. I don’t think I caught your name, boo.”
(Blizzradpaw left)
I'm active most week days from 8:00am-3pm EST, and sporadically on weekends and holidays, but often significantly less than I am during school days. Won't be online afterschool most days and def not Wednesdays cuz karateee.
~~~~
Please DO NOT use LIGHT or GREEN/BLUE colors when RPing with me. I cannot see them
~~~~
| Cougarbite | Cloudheart | Forestpaw | Fiercefire! |
~~~~