View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2018, 07:39 PM
Sugar Pine 7

My Mood: Happy

Default Re: SkyClan Apprentices' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
The tom listened carefully to her words, his green eyes sparkling against his ginger coat, standing out there like two emeralds floating. Every time she finished a statement he would nod, or murmur an "I see" or "well," before she was done talking. When he was absolutely sure that she was finished, he straightened up a little in his nest, his posture becoming better and more rigid and he looked almost proper. "If you're done lecturing me about what I said, I have something else I would like to say." He mewed, sarcasm coming into his voice as he glanced across at her - almost through her, like she was no longer there. Though it was impossible to look through the she cat, she was hard to miss. Pretty white coat, pretty blue eyes, feisty but sweet... very much the type of she cat Foxpaw would love to spend more time with. Good thing he had caught her interest, her little lecture earlier had shown him that.

"First off, I'm pretty sure that you were going to turn me down. Unless you've changed your mind and would like to spend some more time with me, hm, sweetheart?" The tom winked, a mischievious purr rumbling in his throat. But before she could say anything, he continued, determined to get all of his thoughts out before she could remark on him being anything else, or his habits being anything else. He was a good cat! He worked hard (sometimes), he didn't break hearts - or he didn't try to - and he was really interested in Cherrypaw! Foxpaw was pretty sure he could get her to crush on him, and then they really would get to be together, just like he said! "Second, I was just trying to make you feel more at ease, darling. You clearly were uncomfortable with the subject, so I was changing it for you. I believe the words you should say now are thank and you?"

The tom asked, a smirk coming over his maw as he leaned forward a little in his nest, his green eyes sparkling eagerly as he watched Cherrypaw. Again, he didn't leave much room before he finished his thoughts. "And finally, if I were trying to take advantage of you, you would be all over me right now. I can be VERY charming when want to be, love. You haven't even seen my best yet. I promise you you have my full attention, but I want you to like me for me, not because I charmed you into it." Lies, lies, and more lies. That was Foxpaw's best, and he was trying to charm her into liking him.

Not that she would ever need to know that. Foxpaw tended to be somewhat of a scandal, and while no one seemed threatened by that, it was still something that she cats in particular needed to watch out for when he was flirting with them.
The apprentice felt exhausted from arguing with Foxpaw. It felt hopeless. Anytime she felt like she was winning, Foxpaw bounced right back, ready for more. If Cherrypaw wasn't so frustrated, she'd be impressed with Foxpaw's insistence. "Things aren't always so black and white. Perhaps I wouldn't have said yes or no. Maybe I would have chosen to get to know you better, but not like how you're thinking." Feeling rather daring, Cherrypaw flicked her tail tip across the tom's nose. As frustrated as she was getting with Foxpaw, she did want to talk to the ginger tom more. His first impression was quite unforgettable. "Second," she mewed, trying her best to mimic Foxpaw's voice when he'd said the word. "You don't need to do anything for me." Sass drove her voice. "I'm very capable of doing things for myself, changing the topic of conversation included." She'd almost ended with thank you very much, but that's exactly what the ginger tom had asked for. The older apprentice would have to try a little harder than that to get her to give in even just the smallest bit. And on that note. . . "I don't owe you any words." Cherrypaw declared. She perked up, trying so hard to make herself seem as big as the other apprentice. She tried to match his size by fluffing out her fur, but it still didn't make too much of a difference despite her effort. Maybe Foxpaw wouldn't treat her like she couldn't do anything if she wasn't so small. Small, small, small. That's all Cherrypaw was. Sure, it had its advantages, but no cat talked about its disadvantages too.

"Oh, sure." Cherrypaw rolled her blue eyes. "I don't see myself ever mooning over a cat like that. I have more class than other she-cats, if you haven't noticed." Her ego was growing by the heartbeat. But Foxpaw had stumped her for a moment. He wanted her to like her without him having to charm her. The younger apprentice pondered this. Those words would have been sweet coming from the mouth of any other tom. But this was Foxpaw. Sweet meant something else when talking about the ginger apprentice. Cherrypaw supposed that it was still sweet, just in a Foxpaw kind of way. "Well then?" She started. "If you want me to like you for you, then you better do some more talking. I hardly know anything about you."

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic