View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2017, 08:25 PM
Shadowstar

My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Dusk Syndicate Fighters' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
The dark grey tom's face flickered into a smile at the chuckle, but it was just a simple reaction he used on other cats to create the false illusion that he was like them and felt emotion, sometimes it helped them feel at ease and loosened their lips so that more emotion would spill free. The smile he had flashed at the chuckle was absolutely meaningless and was gone within a second. He said not a word until he heard a response from the black tom, all the while his eyes raked him like a vulture gazed at a rotting corpse. He was picking him apart like he does every cat, reading him and making his own deductions from the facts.
The tom's tone, while it may have had an effect on other cats, hardly meant a thing to Hannibal, he simply listened before tilting his head and feigning a look of confusion.
"Are you implying that I use other cats to my advantage? I don't suppose you can back this up with actual facts and I do say that it's a dangerous thing to jump to conclusions in the Syndicate. Because you, dear sir, are wrong. I do not use other cats to my advantage, I use their information to my advantage. It would be distasteful to simply use another cat." His head returned to it's upright state, a neutral look falling over his face.
"There could be a story on any cat, it just so happens I receive the most attention in this faction. Whether you chose to believe these stories is your choice, but I would highly suggest you refrain from jumping to conclusions. It's always good to check your facts before you make an accusation. Though you aren't making an accusation at the moment, it's a good fact to keep in mind and it is a personal saying I go by.. Unless you are trying to accuse me of something?" Hannibal's head tilted again, his face remaining neutral, perhaps even a friendly look there as he questioned Broken.
Broken's face remained blank, as he swayed his tail slowly, back and forth. "We're very much alike." He began. "Though not enough to be exactly the same." He got up and circled around Hannibal, before exiting the Fighter's den to get fresh-kill. He padded back in with a vole. He plopped down, letting the mouse fall as he does with his victims. He opened his mouth widely, his fangs glinting, before he chomped down on the flesh. You could clearly hear the clash of his fangs as they pierced straight through it's rough meat. He chewed it subtly, gulped it down, then pushed it away from him, continuing his piercing gaze towards Hannibal. "I'm not one to make accusations, Hannibal. I'm one to see.." He looked at a figure entering through the bracken-entrance of the Fighter's den. It was his sister, Itzal.

"Hello..boys." She tilted her head as to examine the shadow before her, being Hannibal. Her bright blue eyes a-glint as the moonlight flashed on them. Though the moonlight didn't bother her. She kept staring into Hannibal's hues. "I'd say you're very difficult to read... emotionless. For a cannibal, you tend to clean up very well. More than well, I'd presume." She got up and swept her tail very coquettish-like over Hannibal's back. "Very sophisticated and cleanly." She turned around and lay back down next to Broken.