View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2024, 01:14 AM

My Mood: Dead

Default Stars They Came, But They Weren't Bright Enough

Coldamber watched the WindClan medicine den from her usual spot. Her ears twitched at the idea of speaking to Lightningstorm again. Last they'd spoken, she'd been Lightningpaw.
And a great deal had happened between now and then. She couldn't imagine her being happy to see the ancient Medicine Cat after all this time. But, she had knowledge to impart upon her, and her fatigue demanded she get it done now, before she opted to give herself a rest so that she wasn't constantly worrying that something else would once again distract her from visiting.
When Lightningstorm finally fell asleep, Coldamber hesitated. For the first time, she wasn't sure she wanted to visit one of her Medicine Cat's. Was she wrong for that?
She'd always been so happy and pleased to simply see them in the past, so why was it any different now? Was it just because of the time that had passed? Or was it because she'd purposefully drawn away from WindClan in an attempt to be impartial, only to now realize she'd simply been neglectful to Lightningstorm?
Was it negligence?
WindClan had a Medicine Cat, a trained one at that. Had she been so wrong to try to prioritize getting RiverClan on its paws each time a new healer failed? She was so tired.
There was too much going on. She wished time outside of StarClan would be more still, that the living would just slow down.
Blinking exhausted, amber eyes, she reluctantly tugged at Lightningstorm's consciousness to invite her up.

[ @Alchemist Kitsune ]

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.