View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2018, 01:21 PM
Something or Other

My Mood: Doh

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfusedCas View Post
She picked her pace up a bit just so she wouldn't keep Burnetsky waiting. When she reached the river she settled down at the waters edge and let out a soft almost inaudible purr at the peaceful sound of the rivers gurgling. She wasn't too thirsty, the truth was she just wanted to relax for a bit and hopefully get to know her clanmate some more. She looked a bit surprised when Burnetsky had started the conversation as Ambercloud was often the one to start talking, but she was happy with the change. "Well I can't say I have." Though I may have a certain she-cat on my mind. She had gotten quite close to Dawnlight, and though she did enjoy the she-cats company and care about her there was a side of Dawnlight that truly scared Ambercloud. She didn't know if she could trust her feelings for the cream-colored warrior. That doesn't matter right now. She pushed her thoughts away, not ready to spoil the mood with her own troubles.
An idea popped into Amberclouds head as she was looking into the water. "I know a better way to cool off! I dare you to take a little swim." She purred with amusement, only half joking. Part of her knew it was crazy for a Thunderclan cat to even step foot into the swift rushing water but another part was curious to see if Burnetsky would actually do it. Mischief twinkled in her golden orbs, it was almost as if she were an apprentice again, but she didn't mind acting younger than her age. It's about having fun, at least that was her motto.
Burnetsky nodded as Ambercloud spoke. There was an inkling in her mind that told her that Ambercloud was lying, if not telling the entire truth. I thought that we were friends... Friends... Why is she hiding things from me? Burnetsky didn't voice her opinions or worries, but kept them to herself; she didn't want to probe. "Well, at least there are many suitors out there... there... right?" Burnetsky once more dipped her tongue into the stream, gulping down more of its wonderful water. The second Ambercloud had that ludicrous remark, Burnetsky gaped at her, unable to contain her confusion. Well it is a dare... dare, dare... I don't want to look like a scared kitty-pet. After a few moments of combing over the details, she nodded. "Only... Only if you agree to jump in with me." A playful smile parted on to her lips. Burnetsky then tenderly stuck her paw into the stream, taking iti out quickly and flicking the drops from her paws. Burnetsky then sidled down into the stream, the water sucked on her underbelly, and made her tendrils of fluff float to the surface, revealing a long scar across her side. Burnetsky laughed as the water soaked her to her skin, cooling her down almost instantly. It felt nice against the warmth of the surrounding air. "This is going to take forever to dry out of my pelt," Burnetsky mewed, a bit frustrated at her soggy fluff.