Thread: Mourning Ruins
View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2024, 04:54 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Mourning Ruins

Moonmeadow
She/they | ShC warrior | Moons: 21 | Purrks: none

They were just about where they left Shadowpaw when they heard the sound of fluttering wings and a panicked but cut of chirping and peered though the tree veils and smiled as they noticed lift up with a bird of sorts in his jaws. At this range it was a bit difficult to make out what kind exactly but Moonmeadow didn't really take notice of it. Well, if Cornpuff was so close, then he could keep an ear out for Shadowpaw while Moonmeadow swiftly moved a bit further away to catch something else. So fair the hunt has been alright, but it was still a bit too meager for the feline's liking. Carrying themself on huge, black paws, Moonmeadow swiftly buried the vole they carried nearby and made a note of where it was before making her way carefully through the undergrowth and trees.

Eventually, the feline took notice of a scuffling noise and padded her way through the trees before their nose caught on the trail and they easily padded through the forest. Almost completely silent on experienced paws, the feline peered through the leaves with sickly eyes, landing on a mouse that sat a few tail lengths away. The thing was a plump mouse, which was surprising given the new leaf had not yet melted all the frost away which was when prey tended to fill out more. Well, more initiative to not mess this up, she wouldn't let this gift slip from her paws. The feline crouched carefully, running through the motions that have been ingrained in them since their first lesson.

They swung a paw out as they pounced, not quite landing on the mouse but the swing sent the mouse hitting a nearby tree leaving it in a daze that made it easy to catch and kill. Moonmeadow lifted the kill and grinned to themself, Shadowpaw would like this one and Moonmeadow. Oh! She realized that she never actually got Cornpuff's favorite. Welllll they would have to just catch a diversity. Vole, mouse...a bird would be a nice addition. Then Moonmeadow walked through the trees, not necessarily looking for only a bird, open to bring home anything. Their rounded ears flicked and her mouth remained open a sliver as they searched through the scents for any familiar ones of warmth and life to be caught.

[ +1 Mouse ]
[ 2/5; 1 Mouse, 1 Vole ]

Ah-ha! The warrior caught something and moved swiftly over a fallen log and saw a tiny little morsel of a toad...though it was an ugly thing. It was already dead but it hasn't been touched, she took in its scent and reared back at the odd smell it was giving, it seemed like some sort of scent of death and illness. She stuck out her tongue and quickly decided against bringing it back home. It wouldn't do to bring home tainted prey. The feline instead dug a deep hole big enough to completely bury the toad and then some and covered it up. Padding the dirt to help it settle completely, Moonmeadow looked up and chose a direction that was going back to where they left Cornpuff and Shadowpaw but in a different way to cover more ground. Hopefully, she could find at least one more thing to bring into camp.

It was quite a few paw steps into their way back when they saw a squirrel skittering across a tree, Moonmeadow dropped the mouse as quietly as they could as their paws began to carry them over to the tree. Steady, one, two , three- go! The warrior bounded forward with powerful legs and shot up the tree, the squirrel dove for a hollow that the tree had in its trunk. Moonmeadow shot a paw out and into the hollow, managing to catch the squirrel's bushy tail with a claw and scooping it out into waiting jaws to crush its neck. After, the little creature's struggling stopped Moonmeadow dropped from the tree and retrieved the mouse. Carrying both creatures by their tails, Moonmeadow finally walked back to where Cornpuff and Shadowpaw were. Three catches was pretty good for Moonmeadow during this time of year and it was only going to get better as more creatures stirred from their winter nests.

[ +1 Squirrel ]
[ 3/5; 1 Squirrel, 1 Mouse, 1 Vole ]

Moonmeadow waited in the little area where Shadowpaw branched off after being directed by the warrior and Cornpuff left to go catch the finch that she saw him with earlier. The patrol leader made a small note to next time tell the other members of her patrol to return to a meetup spot so that Moonmeadow could keep a better track of everyone. Live and learn, it was her first time leading after all. They awaited for each of their patrol members hoping that they had the thought to return to this spot, if not she could search them out real quick and then they can all head back to camp.

Moonmeadow gif made by ramen!

[ @Fish - Shadowpaw | @RoboPrism - Cornpuff ]
[ Note: Sorry if it feels like I am rushing, I just don't want this to be late. That's also why I condensed more hunting into one post for time. After Fish has some more time to post I will have Moonmeadow return the patrol :] ]

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!