Thread: Croaking Swamp
View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2022, 05:44 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

Default Re: Croaking Swamp

[ @FlowerBoy ]

Cinderblaze carefully listened to young Dustpaw's words. Alright, so she could crouch - that was a good kickstart to hunting. He tilted his head slightly as she asked if hunting was just crouch-walk and pounce. "Essentially that's it, I guess," he answered hesitantly. "However, you'll need to know and do way more than that if you want to be an efficient hunter. How about I show you on the robin, then you tell me what you observed and try on... a toad?" It seemed that Dustpaw was particularly keen on hunting toads, so Cinderblaze wouldn't take that wish away from her as long as they brought something back. Delicately, the maine coon dropped into a hunters crouch, moving forward slowly. The scent was basically in front of them.

The robin was flying low to the ground, extending its wings to the maximum. Although Cinderblaze preferred it when birds were simply walking along the ground, he knew this wasn't really possible for them in the marshlands. Quietly, he stalked up on the animal until he was a foxtail length away. Then he pounced, digging his claws deep into the bird's neck. When the prey was successfully dangling from his maw, he returned to Dustpaw.

"Alright. So, tell me what you observed and then try on a toad."

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den