View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2017, 04:04 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: SkyClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
@Okapi @AbsurdJinx @mompaws @seasalt

"Junebug it is then!" Shinefang said as the younger cat padded on up to volunteer. "As warriors, I have no doubt you're all quite familiar with was it feels like to get clawed and bitten. After all, it goes with the territory of being a warrior. When you have a cat who has been badly scratched or bitten, the very first thing you need to do is stop the bleeding. I don't care if its the filthiest wound you've ever seen and you're sure it will get infected. An infection will kill a cat in a matter of days, or maybe as little as one day if the cat is a very young kit or elder. Bleeding will kill a cat in minutes if its bad enough. So remember this if you don't remember anything else from today. Stop the bleeding first! Say it with me: what do we do first?" Shinefang waited for the others to echo his lesson than turned to Juniperpaw. "Now Junebug, pretend you have a nasty, bleeding gash all down your foreleg and hold it out for me, won't you? To stop the bleeding, we can do a couple of things: If you're caught empty pawed, you can start by putting pressure on the wound, like this." Shinefang rocked back onto his haunches and trapped the younger cat's foreleg between his paws and gave a firm squeeze. "Don't worry about pressing too hard. It's difficult to over do it unless you're dealing with a very tiny kit. And even if it hurts them little, I guarantee that given the choice between feeling a little squished and being dead, the cat you're helping is going top pick feeling squished. You all can practice putting pressure on the wound with each other or Junebug here if you'd like before we move on." Shinefang waited as he looked over the small group of cats, giving them all time to do whatever they felt they needed to to internalize the lesson.
@AbsurdJinx @mompaws @seasalt
Fennelheart watched the ensusistic apprentice get demonstrated apon I don’t want to be weird trying it on someone...,”Err...can I try it on someone?” She asked.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here